Ford Transit Connect Forum

2014+ standard side mirrors

Is there a thread here somewhere on your mirror upgrade?  I looked back a couple years and didn't find one.  What mirrors did you use and where did you get them?  This sounds like something I might want to do!

Thanks!

Don

20 hours ago, Double Nickels said:

I believe there are larger mirrors available.  Like the mirrors on larger trucks and vans.

Well, obviously . . . . I think we all knew that  -  But which ones are a factory fit for the Gen 2 TC??

Don

On 8/1/2019 at 9:13 AM, Beta Don said:

it looks like they were available in the USA every single year from 2014 on

Very interesting.  As I drive around and see other Transit Connects, which are everywhere and mostly commercial versions, I haven't noticed one with the larger mirrors yet.  Now I'm thinking that I want a set.  Just have to frame into my mind, what I need to do to install.  Remove door panel.  Remove a coupold of bolts.  Will harness plug and play?  Total work time for both doors.  I just wish there was a pop off trim piece to access the mirrors, as opposed to removing the entire door panel.

You do need to remove the interior door trim panel. Then 3 bolts, an electrical connector and rubber grommet. 2 clips on the mirror side need to be disengaged by pulling the mirror assembly straight from the door. Should be pretty easy. Electrically the wiring diagram shows with or without door modules, so I'm not sure if it's plug and play.

On 8/1/2019 at 12:13 PM, Beta Don said:

Thanks!  Great website

Double Nickels it looks like they were available in the USA every single year from 2014 on  -  Factory price appears to be $185 per side

Don

$ 185.00 per side , not me man , i can think of a lot of other things to better spend my cash on .  I have zero issues with the smaller mirrors lol.

I bought a used 'large' driver side one from Ebay last week for $100. I still need to find a passenger side for cheap-ish now, too. Then comes the mess of how to get that door panel off, since I haven't looked it over yet as far as how to remove it. 

Any large mirrors listed as new for $185, I would be very wary of, they sound like the cheap aftermarket knock-offs instead of OEM. The real OEM ones are going for over $300/ea without the plastic cap (sold separately as base black or paintable), so it's usually $400+ total per side for OEM new.

On 7/31/2019 at 4:27 PM, zombiechad said:

They are relatively common in the US.  Look for used ones here:  www.car-part.com

Just be very careful buying from those wrecking yards on Car-Part - make sure to see actual pictures before buying. I was looking through there just yesterday and a ton of "large" mirrors were actually small ones, if they had any pictures at all! Personally, I think I'll be sticking to Ebay to get the other side (I ordered a driver-side already). 

On 8/5/2019 at 8:58 AM, Don Ridley said:

This post shows how to remove the door panels

Thanks for that, Don! I just ordered a passenger side large mirror off Ebay. A little more than I wanted to spend, but at least I'll be able to do this upgrade in a week or two after they both arrive.