Ford Transit Connect Forum

2010 XLT Slammed

On 2/7/2020 at 11:08 AM, Slamsit said:

I am staying with the white scheme. Doing a Balloon White satin dip. On the fence for the lower trim and wheel arches. Either keep them black or do everything in white. 

I like the idea of everything in white but then again all the black lower trim is a personal pet peeve of mine. But....it isn't my van so you do it the way YOU want it and I'm certain it will be spectacular!

On 2/25/2020 at 3:55 PM, JohnnyG said:

I like you van ,how is the ride ? I like the first body style the best

The ride is fun and sportier than factory. Makes it more fun to drive. The first body style really made it a pain to drive cause the body pieces made it too low in the front.

Well the paint is done. We originally went with a balloon white satin pearl. In the last top coat we threw in a tiny rose gold/champagne pearl just to add a small shift in lighting. It was a great last minute choice. 

So its a 100% custom color and no one else would ever have it. No pictures yet during the day as we were in the booth yesterday 13 hours.

Honestly can say I have zero regrets. 

8A6A7C78-770E-4B81-BDB0-D02CB1FDFDAE.jpeg

3D3CD198-A653-4146-985F-BA80CF5C5F06.png

3 hours ago, Slamsit said:

The ride is fun and sportier than factory. Makes it more fun to drive.

Sorry, but "fun" and "sportier" doesn't describe the "ride" of any lowered vehicle with ultra low profile tires  -  He wants to know if he'll need crutches after a 200 mile trip on less than perfect roads.  Choppy, uncomfortable, maybe even backbreaking would probably better describe how it feels to drive a long distance on anything other than billiard table smooth roads . . . . "Fun" wouldn't be in anyone's vocabulary.  The "ride" in a stock TC isn't "fun" and "sportier" would be a Mazda Miata  ?

Edited by Beta Don

20 minutes ago, Beta Don said:

Sorry, but "fun" and "sportier" doesn't describe the "ride" of any lowered vehicle with ultra low profile tires  -  He wants to know if he'll need crutches after a 200 mile trip on less than perfect roads.  Choppy, uncomfortable, maybe even backbreaking would probably better describe how it feels to drive a long distance on anything other than billiard table smooth roads . . . . "Fun" wouldn't be in anyone's vocabulary.  The "ride" in a stock TC isn't "fun" and "sportier" would be a Mazda Miata  ?

I guess my definition of fun and sporty are different than yours. Hit a pothole? You’ll feel it. Pay attention to the road and put the phone down? Then you’re good.

Your van looks Awesome! by the way!!  Obviously, lots of planning, work (and money) went into getting it to where it is now  -  Be careful of the potholes, or you'll lose that pretty front spoiler  :cry:

Don

15 hours ago, Beta Don said:

Your van looks Awesome! by the way!!  Obviously, lots of planning, work (and money) went into getting it to where it is now  -  Be careful of the potholes, or you'll lose that pretty front spoiler  :cry:

Don

All the more reason to not text and drive ???

I can officially say that with the Transit Connect and 2.0 Duratec motor, there is a lot of cross platform compatibility from the Focus that I have done the testing on.
  1. The Cosworth Intake manifold will not bolt right up to the throttle body. To overcome this, I bought a Steeda throttle body spacer. This will bolt stright up to three of the 4 bolts on the Cossie manifold. I can drill and tap the fourth one with no issues. The Steeda will bolt right up to the Transit Connect throttle body. I will have to relocate the reservoir for the power steering fluid, but that is customary on the 2.0 on all chassis.
  2. FSWerks CAI works no problem. It does come into contact with a feed/return line with the transmission, but i will be replacing this with a SS flex line.
  3. Massive water pump pulley bolts right on and is underdrive.
  4. All FSwerks VF engineering motor mounts bolt right up
  5. FSWerks engine cover bolts right up
  6. FSWerks strut tower brace bolts right up with a little bit of maneuvering for the brake fluid reservoir and one engine heat shield
  7. Massive EGR delete bolts right up
  8. FSWerks cat less header bolts right up
  9. SCTX4 can support reading and tuning my ECU

There's probably a few other bits and pieces I am missing....however there is also the addition of a universal ZEX 55 shot nitrous being added with the Innovate Nitrous management system.

You want pics? I cant wait to provide pics.

I hereby nominate Slamsit for doing the most to a Transit Connect.  Not that other people's builds aren't nice.  Surely, we've seen some great work by all.  But the overall volume, mod after mod, is overwhelming.  And "1-of-a-kind", "One-Off" designs like the headlights.  Now nitrous.  I shudder at the thought of how much  has already gone into his 1st generation van.  Truly living the dream.  

Idk, this guy may have Slamsit beat for custom one-off's. Rear ladder, roof rack, sliders, aluminum strut spacers with Escape 4x4 struts, interior ceiling storage rack, just to name a few. Kenny Transit Connect Overlander on IG, of course it's also "offroad" build vs street builld, lol. 

Those seats look awesome. I'd love to get something more comfortable in mine, but I have to deal with the in-seat air bags complicating matters. Removing/disconnecting them supposedly disables the entire air bag system. 

1 hour ago, jrm223 said:

Idk, this guy may have Slamsit beat for custom one-off's. Rear ladder, roof rack, sliders, aluminum strut spacers with Escape 4x4 struts, interior ceiling storage rack, just to name a few. Kenny Transit Connect Overlander on IG, of course it's also "offroad" build vs street builld, lol. 

Those seats look awesome. I'd love to get something more comfortable in mine, but I have to deal with the in-seat air bags complicating matters. Removing/disconnecting them supposedly disables the entire air bag system. 

Thats a pretty nice build he has. Purpose built!