Ford Transit Connect Forum

2010 XLT Slammed

15 hours ago, G B L said:

It has nothing to do with the money or the added value!!

True, true!

My Fav is a '51 Kaiser resto-mod I saw on Jay Leno's Garage  -  Google 'Jay Leno 51 Kaiser' and watch the 15 minute YouTube video  -  8 years and lord knows how much money, but other than the paint, that very talented young man did every bit of it himself  -  Keep in mind it started out as a 4 door Kaiser

Don

On 12/16/2019 at 2:35 AM, mdarren said:

Cool upgrades! I'm curious about the sound of your custom exhaust.

Funny you say that. I heard it start up. Annnnnd. Well it’s loud. Especially on a cold start.....sounds like it’s cammed. Here are a few new pictures sent to me from the shop.shows the camera underneath the wing, and the dual exhaust well. That is a real functional carbon fiber wing as well

015266DA-028C-4EEE-BB19-45AB10623E26.png

• 2 weeks later...

For starters....they changed the lip design so it looks more streamlined the GLI custom lip is now going to be a custom splitter, and the side canard splitters cover the original gap. Did the headlights and custom fogs, and also installed fully functional RS hood vents with a custom drip tray underneath. Went on the sides so it wouldn’t affect the structural integrity of the hood and so it doesn’t affect water dripping on the coil packs. Still stoked to see this come to completion!

2642D73D-7CC1-406A-AD5B-3E84A132FDFB.png

Sorry for the poor resolution photos. Screen snapped them from a video. I’m seriously happy. One few minor change will be the front lip. When it went into the shop, it was aggressive but not clean. It’s now clean but not aggressive. I have a fix for this and it will get back to the style I need. But enjoy these pics for the update. 

Floor lighting is the same interior green.

Yes that’s a tv for tailgating.

New headliner.

Car show detail rack.

99% of where I need it to be. Front lip fix then done!

465DCFE7-22CD-430B-A68B-98DE164D7427.jpeg

5D24C639-F30A-478F-A02A-5358BE3B99ED.jpeg

F7EECFE6-2714-44DA-8601-C99733DF6B49.jpeg

B839FA86-EFB3-4F86-8878-DF4133C22229.jpeg

E4EADF8E-E427-47C0-8E2C-D33F9D21CBD9.jpeg

178E94F6-5112-44F9-A99B-DA74B8E37139.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, TC in NC said:

Dude the van looks sick... i just bought a 2015 cargo van, putting a set of 20s on it tomorow.  any pointers on lowering it? ive heard pros and cons for struts vs air.. whats your opinion?

If you like the dropped look when parked, go air. If you like to ride low all the time, go slammed suspension....thats what I did. Youll never get the air slammed look with adjustable coils, but you can always ride in that position. You cannot safely ride with all the air out of the bellows in an air ride setup....

Things to consider with air....Most likely it will be a custom setup, and a tank will need to be placed.....so you may lose some interior space. For suspension, look to the UK. I believe the company is called modyourconnect. This is the kit you would get for static lowered:

https://www.modyourconnect.co.uk/product/myc-ultimate-mk2-transit-connect-coilover-kit/

17 hours ago, Slamsit said:

If you like the dropped look when parked, go air. If you like to ride low all the time, go slammed suspension....thats what I did. Youll never get the air slammed look with adjustable coils, but you can always ride in that position. You cannot safely ride with all the air out of the bellows in an air ride setup....

Things to consider with air....Most likely it will be a custom setup, and a tank will need to be placed.....so you may lose some interior space. For suspension, look to the UK. I believe the company is called modyourconnect. This is the kit you would get for static lowered:

https://www.modyourconnect.co.uk/product/myc-ultimate-mk2-transit-connect-coilover-kit/

I think I'll go with the struts.. much more affordable and definitely easier to install. Looks pretty good with the 20s.. a small drop will do the trick.. thanks for the info.. !!

IMG_20200206_144202_501.jpg

17 hours ago, TC in NC said:

I think I'll go with the struts.. much more affordable and definitely easier to install. Looks pretty good with the 20s.. a small drop will do the trick.. thanks for the info.. !!

IMG_20200206_144202_501.jpg

i do like that!