Ford Transit Connect Forum

2010 XLT Slammed

Yeah, that's also confusing. Tourneo Connect is actually just the Wagon version of Transit Connect and has car mirrors. Van version is just Transit Connect like they call them all in the US. The difference is just the trim pieces, the wagon variant being a bit more car like and van more bare. All van variants have large mirrors from the factory. But as they only took wagons to the US and ripped out the seats and windows to convert them to vans after passing customs to circumvent chicken tax, all had small mirrors in the US regardless the trim level or variant. In 2010-2013 all Connects, van or wagon, came with the new tail lights like you now have.

The separate naming is completely useless. I wish they dropped it. Toyota tried to change Corolla hatchbacks and wagons to Auris for a decade and finally bailed on it this year. Come on, it's the same car.

Had some time to work on the lil thing. Got the phone mirroring working on the Pioneer Avic. Now can watch movies and actually live television lol. Had the interior ambient lighting completed as well. Other things to note, the final parts of the sound will be going in. This includes the subwoofer, rear door speakers and rear upper speakers. Will complement the highs I have in the a pillars and front doors well. 

LOL, had a Auris rental one time, always wondered what flavor of Toyota it was!  I wasn't bothered enough to look it up though.  Last year I had a C-Max Grand rental which as near I could tell was a C-Max with two jump seats in the back.  Don't think it was the hybrid version so maybe they got the space from where the battery was.  Interesting stuff.  I remember back in the 70's and 80's the european cars were very different from US cars.  For a while seemed like they were more similar but now they seem very different.  Of course there is the BMW Supra that can be serviced at a Toyota dealership ......

• 2 months later...
On 8/13/2019 at 6:56 AM, Slamsit said:

Had some time last night to pull the door cards and install the UK/Euro spec side view mirrors. Plug and play.  Very sleek. Also had time to install the Mondeo tail lamps. That was not plug and play. I had to make a custom wire harness for them. However, they are really wicked. 

2DB87758-E651-4C66-AFD4-F0EB355DBE36.jpeg

49A9ADA7-A977-4672-A64E-CF9AE0094CE9.jpeg

CD3298D9-F0DD-49EA-97A5-8ADBBB5E01B1.jpeg

C216F66A-6CF3-49B9-85F3-6B9BFF348C4F.jpeg

Those mirrors are really great looking.  They look like a huge upgrade from the stock Gen 1 mirrors.

Here are some updated “in progress” photos:

Ford Focus ST225 Euro big brakes. Complete bolt on with Alcon C-hook 328mm rotors using Montez performance pads and stainless limes.

FSWerks Upper adjustable camber plate to fix camber since I run static slammed.

CAEAA447-74D6-46D6-BF42-8BD7E8BB4A12.png

0F5597D0-BCC2-48F8-B649-406CA33897F8.png

Pic set 3:

FSWerks race header wrapped with blue exhaust fiberglass

Cat delete with Innovate motorsports wideband O2 sensor and trick bung for oem O2 sensor to not throw any codes.

E88815D5-7CEE-4E03-AAF0-C133D1547B8F.png

6D117D5C-CF3B-4D6C-8E4B-5389191982E4.png

Edited by Slamsit

8 minutes ago, PhotoAl said:

WOW that is a cool project!  What you have done really brings out the Gen 1 shape - yea its a box but a box with character.  Love builds like this.

Looks like pic set 3 didn't come thru properly.

Did the photos show yet?

Possible to get specifics on the adjustable lift kit used? I popped the top on my 2011 TC for wheelchair and overnight camping. Roof height is just over 7 feet now, which can be a problem in parking garages, and I wouldn't mind being able to lower it a few inches for getting in too.

right-quarter-topped.jpg

PS ... I found out about the height issue when I couldn't fit into a hospital parking ramp. dOH! Fortunately, they had a "roof knocker" height bar for early warning, which only left having to back that bad boy out a couple hundred feet ... beep beep beep ... 

Edited by sKiZo

On 11/24/2019 at 12:30 AM, sKiZo said:

Possible to get specifics on the adjustable lift kit used? I popped the top on my 2011 TC for wheelchair and overnight camping. Roof height is just over 7 feet now, which can be a problem in parking garages, and I wouldn't mind being able to lower it a few inches for getting in too.

right-quarter-topped.jpg

PS ... I found out about the height issue when I couldn't fit into a hospital parking ramp. dOH! Fortunately, they had a "roof knocker" height bar for early warning, which only left having to back that bad boy out a couple hundred feet ... beep beep beep ... 

You're going to want to check out modyourconnect.com in the UK. It's adjustable height front coilovers and adjustable rear leaf shackles with a flipped axle. 

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is interested in knowing what is done with this, well.....here is the list.

2010 Ford Transit XLT – “SlamsitBuild Sheet

Performance:

1.      Custom FSWerks cold air intake with Cool-Flo green filter

2.      Custom FSWerks cat-less header wrapped with blue heat wrap

3.      Custom dual exit FSWerks street exhaust with dual rolled polished 4” tips

4.      Custom HPTuners PCM flash for 93 octane including pop tune

5.      Massive Speed System under drive water pump light pulley system

6.      Custom adapted Euro-spec Focus ST-225 big brake kit

7.      Alcon 320mm big brake kit front rotors with Mintex performance brake pads

8.      Custom stainless steel brake lines

Suspension:

1.      Euro-spec MYC GAZ front adjustable coil-overs with FSWerks camber adjustment

2.      Flipped rear axle with GAZ shortened adjustable shocks and adjustable leaf spring shackles

3.      AirLift 1000 rear axle helper airbags with onboard air compressor

4.      Adjustable rear sway bar links

Exterior Lighting:

1.      Custom retrofit headlamps with Morimoto Gatling LED DRL, sequential LED turn signal, Bi-Xenon projector with gatling shroud.

2.      Custom retrofit lower 4” dual function LED fog lamps (Fog & DRL)

3.      Custom fit LED dual function smoked front signal indicators

4.      Custom fit LED single function smoked rear marker indicators

5.      OPT7 Aura underbody LED lighting

6.      Euro-spec tail lamps with converted harness to tie into US spec wiring. All bulbs are LED with CANBUS resistors and brake lamp has flash mode operational.

7.      18” x 8” Black centers with polished stepped lips BBS RS rep wheels

8.      Stretched 215/35ZR-18 Sumitomo HTR Z III XL on all four corners

9.      Black anodized tuner spike valve stems

10.  FSWerks engine cover

Exterior Styling:

1.      Front bumper has custom fitted lower apron with matching custom fitted corner splitters

2.      Euro-spec license plate holder with GB license plate dubbed “SLAMSIT”

3.      Custom adapted BMW M3 side skirts with rear winglets

4.      UK Spec shortly electric and heated dual function side mirrors

5.      Vent shade auto vent visors

6.      Custom fitted 3” EZ-Lip mounted to rear bumper with dual cutout for exhaust

7.      Rear bumper canards with custom brackets to mount to body

8.      57” real carbon fiber adjustable wing with low profile custom body mounts

9.      3M carbon fiber DiNoc roof wrap

10.  3M carbon fiber DiNoc hood wrap

11.  Custom integrated Euro-spec Focus RS hood vents with custom drip tray

12.  3M gloss black faux side and rear windows

13.  LED license plate lights

14.  Carbon fiber rear license plate trim

15.  Rear view camera

16.  Professional satin Balloon White dip paint job done by H20Wraps

Interior Styling:

1.      Euro spec carpeted dash mat

2.      Custom molded fiberglass a-pillars with 4” Pioneer speakers wrapped with grey suede

3.      Upper cargo bin wired with OPT7 Auro Pro LED lighting

4.      Dash cam mirror and digital screen with reverse camera functional

5.      Custom wrapped steering wheel with carbon fiber accents

6.      Custom column mounted dual gauge pod with Innovate Motorsports A/F wideband gauge and Oil Pressure / Temp display

7.      Pioneer Avic double din screen with wireless phone mirroring to head unit and TV mounted in cargo area

8.      Pioneer 5.25” speakers in door cards

9.      Custom adapted Ford Fusion shifter with functional OD button

10.  Custom molded AirLift Performance PSI gauge, momentary fill and purge mounted in lower center console

11.  Pro-Clip cell phone mount with magnetic super charge phone case holder

12.  Custom mounted Euro spec arm rest

13.  Brand new great headliner

14.  Custom floor mats with rally step plate

15.  Custom Ford ST stainless dead pedal with rubber isolators

16.  Custom Ford ST stainless brake and accelerator pedals with rubber isolators

17.  OPT7 Auro Pro LED foot well LED lighting

18.  Dual 8” Pioneer dual voice coil 2 OHM shallow mount subwoofers in ported box behind seats

19.  Sliding doors with custom carpeted wall liners

20.  Inner quarter panels fitted with Master Rack wall panels

21.  Rear doors with custom carpeted wall liners

22.  Pioneer 6” x 9” mounted in rear doors

23.  Pioneer 6” x 9” mounted in upper left and right cargo roof line

24.  Custom fitted to interior floor lined Universal Bed Rug

25.  Rear door entry lined with grip tape

26.  Driver side rear quarter panel cargo area built in carpeted panel with mounted Pioneer 5 channel amp, Wagan Slimline 1500 watt power inverter and Samsung 32” LED TV with swing out TV mount

27.  OPT7 Auro Pro LED backlighting behind driver side wall mount panel

28.   Passenger side rear quarter panel cargo area built in carpeted panel with Adams Polishes display rack for car show detailing necessities

29.  OPT7 Auro Pro LED backlighting behind passenger side wall mount panel

30.  Viper remote start and keyless entry

I'm thinking custom roll cage with Braum racing seats, along with 5 point harness. after that I honestly don't know what else I could do with the little box. Any ideas?

That sounds like a TON of time and money to be pouring into a ten year old vehicle . . . . and you probably only increased it's value (if any) by about 20% of what you spent.  Personally, if *I* was going to do something similar, I'd start out with a 2018 or 19 with very few miles so I could enjoy driving my new creation for many years and miles . . . . and hopefully get back some of my money when I went to sell it later on

Don