Ford Transit Connect Forum

2010 XLT Slammed

Long time lurker. First time poster. Just a teaser shot here, but it’s very custom. The build is starting to come along, and have paint in the lineup beginning of August. A ton of work already went into it. I’ll try and grab some additional pictures tomorrow. Will look good with a satin while pearl paint. Pic for attention:

87BE5CDD-4E44-4FFA-954C-3BD57D391D13.jpeg

You can see the custom M3 skirts here pretty well. The lip dig up some gravel due to the drop. Still have some work to do some filler to some sections, along with a few canards. The front lip is from a 2001-2001 Jetta GLI

FBE4E712-B80C-434E-BE83-3937E93A9EFC.jpeg

Edited by Slamsit

23 hours ago, Fifty150 said:

Those headlights are so clean!

Thank you. I have a retrofit planned coming up with bixenon projectors going in and having the light trim painted the same as the van.

I own an aftermarket Jeep company. Have patents on the lifts. All I do is lift Jeeps daily. Wanted to go back to the tuner days of being young and having a slammed work van was just the right move in my book. 

Yeah, drivability is more limited, however, recently added the Airlift rear helped bag system with an onboard compressor, and I still have a functional load carrying van.

• 2 weeks later...

Paint is going on this weekend on Saturday. As for the roof, I haven’t noticed any drastic temp changes as the air is still ice cold from the AC. I did get a chance to clean her up a bit this past weekend. Here are some more pictures. 

If you would like to follow follow my IG handle, it’s @MFCOFFROAD . There’s more Jeep content on there as that’s my business, but sometimes post for the Slamsit. 

Also to note, was driving on the interstate this weekend, and it was incredible to see the amount of picture takers, high fivers and people admiring it. To be honest, you never see a slammed work van.

You will see in the pics how the front lip needs a filler in the corner. Found a canard that will close this gap perfectly. :)

9A3ED6E3-2633-42BD-9B8D-4E9BC2E2C8BD.jpeg

3077862D-E9C8-4F2B-99F2-185787E2CD68.jpeg

For most of the cars out there, modifications are for aesthetics.  As you know, from lifting Jeeps, half the lift kits on the market are for looks.  Unless someone is willing to spend more on a performance suspension lift - people do body lifts and spacer lifts on trucks because they like the look of a lifted truck with big tires......  Never mind that the body lifts & spacers cause excessive stress on OEM suspensions and steering components, the trucks handle worse than OEM, are bad for the transmission, and the speedometers are off calibration.   Most of those are simply bling for mall cruising.  

But that's the whole point.  People want their cars to look a certain way.  Be different.  Stand out.  

Your van looks good!  

There's a thread about me driving a "bro truck".  But as it turns out, my pickup isn't lifted high enough, or I don't have bling bling rims......my truck is not a "bro truck".  I'm waiting for someone to build what we can call a "bro van".  You've already lowered your van.  Let's see if we can get someone to lift the van, add big wheels, and do whatever else to make it a "bro van".

• 3 weeks later...

Had some time last night to pull the door cards and install the UK/Euro spec side view mirrors. Plug and play.  Very sleek. Also had time to install the Mondeo tail lamps. That was not plug and play. I had to make a custom wire harness for them. However, they are really wicked. 

2DB87758-E651-4C66-AFD4-F0EB355DBE36.jpeg

49A9ADA7-A977-4672-A64E-CF9AE0094CE9.jpeg

CD3298D9-F0DD-49EA-97A5-8ADBBB5E01B1.jpeg

C216F66A-6CF3-49B9-85F3-6B9BFF348C4F.jpeg

7 hours ago, mrtn said:

That’s a first ?

Did you get the clusters without the sockets? The old and new are not compatible.

Do you mean did I get the tail lamps with the sockets? If so, yes. I figured out what each of the pins corresponded to for the euro tails, and custom wired to the pins. At the other end of the wire harness, I did spade terminals. On the US Transit wire harness, I simply cut every wire, and crimped spade terminals on all of them. Then connected them to the corresponding harness I made for the Euro tails. There is only one shared ground for all of the connections back there as well from the factory.

5 hours ago, Double Nickels said:

Mirrors look good.

Thank you. Very use full. However, the driver side is obviously made for a right hand drive TC. its hard to see out of unless I lean forward. I figured out I can push the housing out, but it will want to click back into it's resting position. I figured I can 3D print a nick stop to hold it in the position necessary for seeing safely out of it.

13 hours ago, Slamsit said:

Thank you. Very use full. However, the driver side is obviously made for a right hand drive TC. its hard to see out of unless I lean forward. I figured out I can push the housing out, but it will want to click back into it's resting position. I figured I can 3D print a nick stop to hold it in the position necessary for seeing safely out of it.

They should both be RHD format if ordered from the same country. That's why I ordered my large gen 2 mirrors from US junkyards, so they'd be LHD and wouldn't have weird problems like that, lol. Are the large gen 1 mirrors not available in the US already for LHD? I've never paid much attention to G1 mirrors to see if any have the large mirrors available here, but it definitely is an option on gen 2.