Ford Transit Connect Forum

Recommendations on Sun Shades (2014)

I haven’t found much on the forum regarding sun shades. In my experience there are lots of crummy cheap ones, and there are ones that you can spend a lot of money on that are maybe slightly less crummy...

Not seeing a ton of options for the TC, but this windshield is huge so I figure it’s probably worth investing in a decent one. What do you guys recommend?!

7 hours ago, tp_connectic said:

I haven’t found much on the forum regarding sun shades. In my experience there are lots of crummy cheap ones, and there are ones that you can spend a lot of money on that are maybe slightly less crummy...

Not seeing a ton of options for the TC, but this windshield is huge so I figure it’s probably worth investing in a decent one. What do you guys recommend?!

I made a post back in 2015 about the sun shade a got. Towards the bottom of the first page of the thread linked below.

Covers up the windshield nicely. Rolls up and stores in a bag but not super compact.

I have this one - Intro Tech roll up - for my 2017. I live in southern AZ and it's a must here. It's one year old and works fine, no signs of falling apart from the blazing summer sun.

Covers the entire windshield very well.

https://www.autoanything.com/driving-accessories/60A4065A0A0.aspx

I have a cargo van version with no rear view mirror but they didn't have an option to get it without the mirror cut out. It doesn't seem affect the shade.

Joe

Edited by donuts

• 4 weeks later...

I bought a 3 piece set (windshield and both front side windows) for my Jeep Wrangler from Heatshield. I got the gold color but these fit great and were very well made. The TC has such a huge windshield that a sunshade is a necessity. I see that they make shades for the back door (both styles) and the front side windows for the TC. My van turns into an oven here in Florida.

https://www.heatshieldstore.com/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You can now get a full set, front row, second row, third row and back glass (lift gate or doors) from HeatShield.  They only have the third row set for long wheel base.  Go to their website and enter your model information.  These are tops not only for shade but for heat deflection, and they hold up way better than any I've ever tried.  

Cool (pun not intended). I was wondering when they were going to release a shade for the second row. You can request a pattern making set and they can make a shade to your specifications. I was going to order a kit to have them make a second row shade but it looks like somebody already did. EDIT: It looks like they only have the second row shades for the wagon, not the van. Bummer.

I really liked my front set I had for my Wrangler but it was kind of fruitless due to having a soft top. At least it kept the steering wheel and shifter from being nuclear hot in the summer.

One question though is when you are ordering a front shade through their website, you can choose "no sensor" or "with sensor". The rain sensor is under the plastic cover under the mirror. The generic pic on the website shows a sensor above the mirror. Does it really matter if you order a shade with a sensor option or not? I'd like as much windshield coverage as possible and I'm thinking that if you check "with sensor", there will be a cutout for the sensor. Thoughts?

Edited by stanger_missle
Spelling

I had a roll of Reflectix, 4’x10’, and I cut a piece to fit the windshield. Notched it at the top to clear the sensor package.  Then did a pair for the side windows.  First one of those was a pain the butt, but I got them to fit tight into the grooves around the window.