Ford Transit Connect Forum

Is it normal for wheels to lift off ground?

Hi, I just got a 2015 TC, LWB and have noticed that when driving obliquely over the slightest rain gutter or other indentation in the road that a wheel or two will lift off the ground.  Never noticed this in any car I've ever owned.  Is this normal?  Might I have bad shocks/springs?

Are you lifting a front wheel? I had a bad RF strut for like 30K+ miles and finally got around to changing it out this past weekend, haha. When going over certain bumps, especially while turning right (when the wheel is unloaded, since weight transfers to the outside wheel), it would bounce like crazy and kick on the traction control. You can bounce each corner of your van while its parked and it should not move very much. If it goes down easy or bounces, then that's a bad strut for front or shock for back. Even though I only had a bad RF strut, it was recommended to replace both at the same time, so I spent the extra time & money to do that. Once you take apart all the stuff to replace one front strut, you'll want to just do both. Pull the wiper arms, two plastic covers inside the engine bay below the windshield, pull the wiper motors, then finally the struts themselves. 

On 6/18/2019 at 8:43 AM, DanDweller said:

Hi, I just got a 2015 TC, LWB and have noticed that when driving obliquely over the slightest rain gutter or other indentation in the road that a wheel or two will lift off the ground.  Never noticed this in any car I've ever owned.  Is this normal?  Might I have bad shocks/springs?

I had this happen recently leaving a store and driving at an angle so that the front bumper didnt scrape but yeah I think the front wheel got off the ground because of the wedge ?