Ford Transit Connect Forum

No love in Brooklyn

Brett

Hello everyone,

Brett from Brooklyn, NY here. I just gave back my 2015 TC Wagon and picked up a 2019 Kapoor Red XLT with all the premium stuff.  There were no wagons in Brooklyn, so my dealer found one in upstate New York.  I had an aftermarket hitch installed and now I'm good to go! Wish me luck, I hope the new smaller engine is up to the task.

Regards,

Brett.

20190516_120925.thumb.jpg.1d3bf41a8b469d4d95184c18b56011e8.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/22/2019 at 12:54 PM, Brett said:

I just gave back my 2015 TC Wagon and picked up a 2019 Kapoor Red XLT with all the premium stuff. 

Interesting choice.  You went from a Transit Connect, to a Transit Connect.  I wonder if I would do that also when the time comes.  

I can tell you right now that there is definitely a difference in zippiness. Changing lanes or accelerating down an on-ramp take more forethought. I'm not a fast driver, so it's not that big a deal for me.  My issue will be towing my trailer. the 2015 would pull the trailer just at idle. I'm not so sure about the 2019.

Regarding TC to TC:

It wasn't my first choice.  My first choice would be a full size Transit, Low roof, short wheelbase, wagon with 2 rows only, glass all around, and a driver side sliding door.  Sadly, this configuration doesn't exist.  Years ago, I had a Ford Aerostar. I LOVED that vehicle.

Maybe one day...

The new smaller displacement engine in the 2019 connect i have read gets considerably better mileage , noticeably better than most would think .  A few people have said it's close to getting 30 MPG which shocked me but it is a little less powerful so makes sense.

On 6/12/2019 at 9:52 PM, Brett said:

I can tell you right now that there is definitely a difference in zippiness. Changing lanes or accelerating down an on-ramp take more forethought. I'm not a fast driver, so it's not that big a deal for me.  My issue will be towing my trailer. the 2015 would pull the trailer just at idle. I'm not so sure about the 2019.

Regarding TC to TC:

It wasn't my first choice.  My first choice would be a full size Transit, Low roof, short wheelbase, wagon with 2 rows only, glass all around, and a driver side sliding door.  Sadly, this configuration doesn't exist.  Years ago, I had a Ford Aerostar. I LOVED that vehicle.

Maybe one day...

I like the Transit vans also ,  i think one of those will be my next vehicle but i'm waiting on a major face lift ,  some appeal to me and others don't but i want to see what the next design will look like.  The connect will most likely be in for a major face lift also in the not so distant future but to me there's no sharper looking micro van out there right now , it's super sharp looking .

I think the little Dodge Promaster city's are brutally ugly .

I always like how the Econoline was basically a van version of the F-Series trucks.  The Transit vans are completely different and unrelated to the F-Series trucks.  I like the Transit vans for work.  But I will not buy for a personal vehicle.  Otherwise, I would be driving 1 now, instead of the Transit Connect.  I have no personal use for a van that big, or I would still own an Econoline E-150 or something like that.  Maybe when I retire the pickup truck, I'll reconsider and buy a full size van instead of a truck.  Or I may never buy a 1/2 ton truck again.  Just rent or borrow a truck when I need it.