Ford Transit Connect Forum

MS-RT TRANSIT CONNECT

M-Sport is a European company, we won't see any on this side of the pond, lol. I looked at their decal packages awhile back and seem to recall a price around $500, so obviously I skipped that. They definitely make some sweet looking custom vans. 

I fairly certain that if you pay for shipping, they will send parts to you.  

I'm just not sold.  A lot of money.  All for aesthetics, with zero performance gain.

But I get it.  Plenty of people will pay for good looks.  That's why these companies are in business.

14 hours ago, Fifty150 said:

All for aesthetics, with zero performance gain.

But I get it.  Plenty of people will pay for good looks.  That's why these companies are in business.

That's not completely true. M-Sport is an actual racing company that builds Ford WRC and other race cars 

https://www.m-sport.co.uk/

Screenshot 2019-05-11 17.44.10.jpg

For Transit Connect, the mods are all for looks.  Some might argue that you will have less weight and better aerodynamics.  But nothing is going into the engine.  But we've already been down that road.  It's laughable to think that you can turn Transit Connect into a sports car.  

But wait a minute what about the autoblog pictures.  https://www.autoblog.com/2008/04/15/can-a-transit-connect-be-sporty/ Please don't tell me it aint true.

transit-sport.jpg

I've spent the past year waiting for one of these to pass me on the highway.......my dreams are gone..... I'll be trading in my Pirelli P4 plus' for contis or coopers. My life is over.

Edited by Bill Jackson

Not economically feasible for me.  Same money could be spent on a faster car.  But I get it.  That's why aftermarket parts exist.  I remember guys throwing VW diesel engines into a Suzuki.  And Ford 5.0 crate engines in a Mazda RX7.  

I shake my head in disgust every time i see a car like a Toyota Tercel with a giant wing attached to the back ,  is it possible that people exist on this planet who would do a double take and give a very enthusiastic two thumbs up when something like that rolls by , i hope not .  

Anybody that would roll down the highway in a TC sporting racing stripes and a ground effects package needs to be taken into custody and jailed for life .

12 hours ago, Fifty150 said:

Herb would flog me in the town square, for the stickers and loud muffler on my Honda.

Herb is probably not a Fast & Furious fan either.?

Only if it's an aftermarket muffler thats sole intention is too make as much noise as possible and adding absolutely NOTHING to the performance , yes, if that was the case we would have a problem.

If those bumper stickers happened to be of Barry Manilow that said " I " then a heart shaped symbol below it and Barry Manilow's name below that i can't say what would happen but none of it good , i do know that .

On 5/19/2019 at 8:06 PM, herb said:

I shake my head in disgust every time i see a car like a Toyota Tercel with a giant wing attached to the back

Front wheel drive Ford Taurus were sold with trunk lid spoilers.