Ford Transit Connect Forum

Lift gate will only unlock using key

Hello, hoping someone can tell me if this is normal or not! I just got a '19 TC wagon, really liking it so far!

The rear lift gate will not unlock using the power locks on the driver or passenger doors. only the 4 doors will lock/unlock, but not the hatch. There is no trunk release that I can see inside the car? When I unlock the hatch with the keyfob, I can relock the hatch using the interior lock switches.

Am i missing something?

Thanks,

Ted

thanks guys, i gotta have the dealership install new rivnuts for the license plate holder anyways, so maybe they can check it out while theyve got the plastics off. ill report back!

so i messed around with it today and discovered that if i press the unlock button on the drivers door twice quickly, it will unlock the hatch. would appreciate any 2019 owners confirming this is the normal behavior.

Thanks,

Ted

On my 2016 a single press of the key fob unlocks the drivers door, a double click unlocks all doors including the hatch.  My key fob also has a separate button for the rear lift gate which unlocks just the rear lift gate.  As Don said I believe it can be changed.

of course, RTFM!! I'll look into that, thank you!! I was a bit salty my key doesnt have the trunk release. It just has lock/unlock (behaves how you described) and a lock button for the rear sliding doors?? i have no idea what the intended use is..

• 7 months later...