Ford Transit Connect Forum

How to level out floor after removing second row seats

Hello all -

I'm working on a camping vehicle like many of you and I wonder if anybody has any great ideas (or even better, photos) for leveling out the floor after removing the second row seats.  I need the floor to be level at least behind the driver's seat because my bed (cot) sits along that wall and the legs need a sturdy level spot to rest on. The best I've come up with is a strip of plywood supported by a couple of 2X4's and laid across the gap.   That sort of wastes the space underneath it though.  Anybody have any better ideas?

Here's how I converted my wagon to a van layout. Removed second and third rows, removed center bracket for second row, added plywood to span from back of first row all the way to the tailgate, and topped it with rubber matting so things don't slide as much.

https://fordtransitconnectforum.com/topic/4109-converted-2015-lwb-wagon-into-a-van/

Most of the photo thumbnails aren't showing now, likely due to the forum changes over the years. But if you click on the markers they still take you to the photos. If you scroll down about halfway through page 1, you'll find download links to some pdf files with dimensions of the cutouts in the plywood for an exact fit. If you just want to skim through the photos, here's the link to the album.

https://fordtransitconnectforum.com/gallery/album/160-2015-tc-lwb-wagon-modifications/

As for support, obviously my large plywood sheet is anchored and supported at the rear 2/3 by the existing floor and reuses the existing seat mount bolting locations. The front 1/3 is supported with a 2x4 across the front and some extra legs that sit nicely on the little flat areas at the base of the B pillars behind the front seats. There is also a little support in the middle, between the two bins, that sits loose on the floor and is extra insurance if a really heavy load gets set in the area.

20150903_134031 (Medium).jpg

20150904_232843 (Medium).jpg

Edited by DonShockley

• 1 year later...