Ford Transit Connect Forum

Citroën Berlingo

mrtn

My TC remains (one year of payments left) as this would be going to another colleague to replace the 2012 5-seater he's driving now. 

The door size is irrelevant as I don't use it for loading pallets.

I hope that this is a good option for your business.  I am sure you will keep us posted on the good and not so good.  
As for the rear door Mine is a passenger configuration so the larger rear  slider is more value for me.  In any event there will not be a Citroën Berlingo available in the US  any time soon , leaving no real choice in the work/ small passenger van market here.

Oh, I can do the swot anaysis right here:

Good:

• fuel economy
  • cabin space
  • extremely comfy seats
  • lots of storage slots (including the TC like slot on top of the instrument cluster), extra storage compartment on top of the dash with cooling
  • 8" screen with mirroring (Android Auto/Apple Carplay)
  • very good audio system for the price range
  • visibility, large windows and mirrors
  • comfortable and quiet ride, no noticeable road or wind noise

Bad:

• the hatch is way too big, just ridiculous, you have to opt for the opening hatch window for tight spots
  • materials show its van traits
  • all electronic nannies and Auto Start-Stop are on by default, nagging on driving too close to someone and tells you to take a break with a coffee cup pictogram and a loud chime
  • dumb rotary shifter, lousy egonomics compared to a stick PRNDL shifter
  • no QuickClear, just left and bottom edge of the screen heated
  • the front armrests should be a bit wider
  • half-assed steering wheel controls of the audio system and Bluetooth phone, sometimes no effect on call accept and hang-up
  • electronic parking brake comes on automatically, cannot be disabled
  • weird cruise control stalk and operation
  • no height adjustable seat belt upper mount

On 6/3/2019 at 4:24 PM, mrtn said:

all electronic nannies and Auto Start-Stop are on by default, nagging on driving too close to someone and tells you to take a break with a coffee cup pictogram and a loud chime

Its like having your Dad in the back seat on a date!

• 2 weeks later...

Funny you should ask. I was informed later on by the dealer that the Berlingo they had offered me with barn doors actually didn't have them. Only available in the lowest trim level for LWB which was not an option for us. After consulting with my colleague actually driving this van we gave the liftgate a green light.

So, dark gray metallic LWB coming up late August.

• 7 months later...
On 2/18/2020 at 2:23 PM, mrtn said:

A rebadged Berlingo is now available from Toyota: 

toyota-proace-city-2019-gallery-11-full_

I like it. 

I like my TC plenty, but if the proace city is available in the US when it comes time to replace it, I'd definitely consider it.   My last car was a Prius and I had very good experiences with Toyota's Customer Service and Warranty work.

From what I've read, a 3 seat front bench is an option and that's very appealing.    Anyone know if a third row is an option?   For at least the next decade a third row will be a necessity for hauling kids and their friends.

21 hours ago, Fifty150 said:

With any luck, Nissan will exit the US market, like Suzuki, Mitsubishi, Datsun, Peugeot, etc.  Then we won't have to see those Cubes anymore.  Same way we no longer have to see Mercury versions of Ford

Great Idea Less Choice so the Rest of the Manufactures can take its easy and  let the products become not as good!

On 2/21/2020 at 10:35 AM, Eilif said:

From what I've read, a 3 seat front bench is an option

I like that option also.  But the problem may be that the vans is just too small. It may not be comfortable like bench seats in a large truck.

Third front seat is never available in the US on these small vehicles, so don't expect to actually have the option available. Euro TC's have the third seat option, but not a single American TC has it, unless the owner imported Euro/international seats themselves. 

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Well, ordered another one. A white LWB, almost fully loaded. The only option missing is keyless go. Or panorama roof which is only available for SWB.

New stuff that was not in either previous ones: 230V socket, rear glass hatch, full center console with storage, front/rear A/C, HUD (kills the instrument cluster top storage), built-in 3D navigation, front parking sensors and reverse camera, wireless charging, auto high beam, driver alert system, ACC. Should arrive soon.