Ford Transit Connect Forum

Water in Passenger Sliding Door

JoeP

Hello all,

So after a heavy rain I accumulate quite a bit of water in the pass. sliding door. Has this happened to any of you? I’m not sure if it’s coming in from the window seal, the lower trim panel or somewhere else.  Any help is GREATLY appreciated. 

Thanks in advanced!

• 2 months later...

I have a 2014 LWB Wagon.  I get water in the driver's side sliding door and sometimes the passenger side sliding door after most rainstorms.  My father in law mentioned checking the drains but I wasn't sure what to look for -- are they just weep holes?  How many are there and how big should they be?

My assumption was that water shouldn't be in the doors at all and that some seal needed to be replaced.  I only had time for a quick look, but the weather seals that I can see all look OK.  Nothing is shredded, cracked, dried or (from what I can tell) missing.

If I get anywhere, I'll let you know!

• 5 weeks later...

Hey! I'm new here.  I also have a 2014 LWB and also get water in my sliding doors every time it rains.  I feel like this shouldn't be happening.  I check the drain holes regularly but is this normal??  

Now my passenger side windows and locks (front and rear) are not working.  Is it because of the water??  

• 1 month later...

Happened to me when the car wash guy "pre-spray" hit the passenger side windows too hard.  Unfortunately the drain holes are small slits at the bottom of the door and get clogged with dirt.  I drilled a larger hole 1 inch up higher near the back (stubby impact drill with a stubby drill bit) to make the hole.  Be very careful, you can easily drill right through the outside of the door once you're through the first layer of metal and have a sharp bit!

I really want the water to drain rather than freeze and expand or rust our from the inside.

Edited by MattsTC

I'm in the same boat: 2014 with passenger sliding door taking on water.

I've found my drain holes on the front doors, but can't seem to locate them on the sliding doors. Can someone take a picture?

MattsTC, any chance you could provide a pic of where you drilled the new holes?

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...