• Custom Search

Don Ridley

Upgrade instrument cluster 2016

I have a 2016 Titanium & it has the small screen so not all Titaniums have this upgrade. Looks like I'll be doing this conversion too/

I'e been looking for one of these upgrade instrument clusters & can't seem to find one. Anyone know where to get one ?

Search junkyards on the internet using the cluster part number. Use different search engines, Google, Bing, Yahoo etc LKQ is a nationwide company and may have one. Keep looking, a TC will end up in salvage yard sooner or later.

Thanks for the link, I just purchased it !

I just got the upgraded instrument cluster & i'm going to hook it up to make sure everything works. If this cluster is installed as is will it show the mileage of the vehicle it came out of ?. If it was left that way would it show somewhere the original miles of my van if hooked up to fordscan ?. The reason I ask is because the cluster I got is only 1100 miles different than the miles on my van & it would be nice to save the $90 on reprogramming the odometer. Or could I just leave it as is, Write down the mileage at the time of the cluster switch & if I ever decide to sell my van have the cluster odometer changed to reflect the difference before I sell it ?.  

Yes, the new cluster will show the mileage from the donor vehicle. The general consensus is the mileage is stored in the cluster and somewhere else  (like the PCM). But Nobody in the Forscan community knows for sure. Forscan only shows the IPC (cluster) mileage. Since the mileage is close, I would not spend the money to change it. Just make sure you note the difference when you sell the vehicle so you don't get accused of fraud.

Remember, to remove the panel above the cluster you have to pull straight back....NOT up. It will pop as the clips release.

Enjoy your new cluster!

Zarticus.I understand your new instrument cluster has lower mileage than old. If so I have forscan version with working "odometer write" function for 14-18 connects.

1 hour ago, dawcio79 said:

Zarticus.I understand your new instrument cluster has lower mileage than old. If so I have forscan version with working "odometer write" function for 14-18 connects.

I did not see the odometer write function in the latest Forscan version, 2.3.33. Where is this function located (which module?). Can you please show a screenshot of it?

Posted (edited)

I do have 2.3.34 test version. Function is located under IPC module, below is the download link.

http://forscan.org/download/FORScanSetup2.3.34.test20200521.exe

Important notes:

1. Please note this function can increase mileage, not decrease it. So if you enter wrong number that is bigger than have to be, you will not be able to return it back. So please be very careful.

2. Before run the change, please make sure FORScan show correct *current* mileage (it shows it when asks to enter new mileage).

Edited by dawcio79