Ford Transit Connect Forum

Another Newbie coming aboard

Sampa

Hi -

Pleased to be joining your forum and know I'll be learning a lot. I'm finally getting away from the big Chrysler "mini" vans and looking forward to enjoying driving my, 'new to me', 2015  SWB TC XLT. Thanks to my sons both finally having reliable transportation, my wife and I don't feel like we have to maintain a huge van for hauling kids and grand kids. So we down-sized to a five passenger model. Barely had the TC for a week but sure enjoy driving it. It handles like a car instead of a small ocean liner! Got to get used to the touchy drive-by-wire throttle. I'm an old, low tech guy so this has been a chance for me to catch up with the rest of the world. Hi tech on our previous van meant it didn't have a hand crank starter sticking out front (I could be exaggerating a bit). Our 'new' TC has a large touch screen, bell & whistles and even brakes that can really stop you. I've slowly been stepping down from V-8 engines to a V-6 in my mini pickup and now a 2.5L four cylinder! That little engine does pretty darn good with the six speed transaxle.

Shopping for a used TC was an interesting experience. My wife and I were delighted to finally make our purchase from an honest salesman at a reputable dealership after swimming through a sea of sleazy ones. Well, I'll save all my question for the appropriate places.

Welcome!

The SWB vans can be hard to find  -  I suppose you found one 5 miles from your home and didn't have to hunt like we did.  We found ours in Georgia, about 300 miles away, but it was worth the trip.  We got an excellent deal on a 2014 with only 12,000 miles on it

IMO, it's the most versitile of all the models, the way the rear seats can be quickly removed and reinstalled as needed.  We only use ours for long trips (we have three EV's for everything else) and we regularly get 30 mpg on the freeway at 65 mph.  You are right . . . . much more like driving a car than a van

Don 

Welcome, I love the big touch screen especially the backup camera.  The phone part works well - Ive the MyTouch and not the Sync 3 but generally can dial a number by just telling it who to call.  My grandkids laugh when it pronounces their last name.    I like the way it handles, its not a sports car but does go around corners well and can be a bit entertaining.  Switching between my TC, Volt and Motorcycle I have to be careful when Im on a curvy road and calibrate to the vehicle.