Ford Transit Connect Forum

How to Install Latest TCM/PCM calibrations on 2014 TC

Dre3000

Hi everyone, I have 2014 Transit Connect XL 2.5L that I bought used with 45K miles on it. I have never taken it to the dealer for repairs cause it has rebuilt title .
Now that it has 96K miles on it and I finally got ahold of forscan I would like to see if I can Update my PCM/TCM calibrations to the newest version?
I have a hard shifting 3 to 4 gears (6f35 tranny) since I bought it and my goal is to try to get rid of it and maybe upgrading calibrations will help?!
Please help
thanks in advance

I looked in the service manual for PCM/TCM reset info. I could only find instructions on performing the adaptive learning drive cycle. The troubleshooting instructions for a hard shift seem to involve hardware issues only.  The transmission is controlled by the PCM and TCM. There were instructions on how to reset the keep alive memory in the PCM but this would affect all the engine operating parameters so maybe this is not good idea.

You can try searching the Forscan forum for info on resetting the PCM or TCM. Attached is the info from the service manual.

trans adaptive learn cycle.pdf

transmission shift problems.pdf

15 hours ago, Dre3000 said:

I finally got ahold of forscan I would like to see if I can Update my PCM/TCM calibrations to the newest version?

I was under the impression that computer updates were proprietary, and only available at dealerships.  That's why we don't see every corner mechanic offering computer reflash.  I don't think it's as simple as downloading a tune file online, then uploading it yourself.

You are correct Fifty. The programming in the various modules can only be updated via a dealer. But it may be possible to reset the learned settings. The transmission learns how to shift based on your driving style (or so the manual says). Forscan may be able to reset these learned settings.

Fifty150 , Don Ridley
Thank you both for your input, I'll setup an appointment with the dealer to check for updates first, if there is non I will clear TCM adaptive tables. But I figured there must be some clutch damage to my transmission, cause every time i've changed trans fluid  there were some metal shavings.

• 1 year later...
On 8/22/2020 at 9:05 PM, Texarkana said:

Interested to know if FORScan worked for you on your 2014 TC?

Forscan will only configure certain settings within the modules, it cannot be used to update the configuration file to a newer one; only Ford can do that using their special $$$ Ford IDS computers.