Ford Transit Connect Forum

Engine Oil Filler cap for 2014 Transit Connect

CarlaCB

I have what is probably a very dumb question.  I bought a 2014 Ford Transit Connect LWB wagon a week ago. From a dealer.  Without looking under the hood, I'm sorry to say.  Last night I notice what I thought was engine oil dripping down the side of the car on the front passenger side. I opened the hood and it looked like oil sprayed all over the inside of the hood.

So I look for the source of the oil and I notice that I'm not seeing an oil filler cap where I think it's supposed to be located.  Could it be that the filler cap is missing?  It's supposed to be brightly colored according to the manual.  Not seeing anything like that.  I'm guessing it has the oil specs printed on it.  I can't find that in the manual.  I need to add oil - don't know what kind/grade.  The dipstick shows almost to a minimum.

Anybody give me a hint as to what oil to use and what the oil cap is supposed to look like.  Thanks a million.  Carla

Go back to the dealer, and insist that they give you a free oil filler cap.  And then insist that they top off the oil for free.  Since you obviously did not take the cap off on purpose, to cause hot oil to spray out; so that you can go back there to scam them for an oil cap and oil.

663526063_tcoilcap.thumb.jpg.e8d5e21e358042f1ce8b835e874902fb.jpg

spark plug 2.jpg

spark plug 3.jpg

Thanks for the responses, GBL an Fifty150. The dealer wouldn't see me since it was a weekend, but my friendly local Advance Auto Parts sold me a cap that fits and keeps the oil from spraying, as well as the right oil to make up what was lost.  I will go back to the dealer when they're open again and at least let them know what happened.  Happily it seems no harm was done.