Ford Transit Connect Forum

SHO Wheels on a '16 TC

i86hotdogs

I've been on a deep search for budget friendly wheel options. If money wasn't a factor, I was a huge fan of the white Sparco Terra's. But I couldn't find myself to drop $600 on wheels. Someone on here had a set installed and they looked great! Perhaps in a few years when I'm not paying for a wedding.

There was an idea to paint the steelies white. Someone else did this too, and I liked it. My only problem was time. In order to properly clean, sand, coat, and finish each wheel, I'd have to take them off the car. Can't do that with this being my daily. 

Then I came across these:

shotime.thumb.jpg.128393b8396b3e5b813bcece7f61635f.jpg

Slicer wheels from a Gen II Taurus SHO. Dimensions matched: 16x6.5 5x108. Only difference was the slicer's 42 offset to the stock's 50. 8mm outboard would not be an issue. 

These were $100 for the set found on eBay. Had a few dings, scuffs and bubbling, but I couldn't complain about minuscule defects like that. 

2027040294_othershovern.thumb.jpg.c42270b774990d96ade9d7b3820a8ee6.jpg

These turned out way better than expected. Local shop put them on with new stems, and reset the TPMS system for $100 out the door. $200 for everything

Once I get new summer tires (probably June or July), I'll op for sticky weights vs the clip-ons. 

I also learned there are plenty styles of Volvo wheels that match the dimensions of the TC. So if you or someone you know has a set of Slicers or Volvo wheels laying around, check them out!

Very Nice!  Living in the deep south had to laugh when you said summer tires in June.  On my BMW i used to run summer ultra high performance tires year round.  Did have to be a bit careful when the temps got down to mid 20's (F).   Only problem is living where it snows once every 3 or 4 years is the drivers.  They can't drive!

• 4 months later...
5 hours ago, mdarren said:

I like the look of Ion truck wheels particularly the model 101 which are 16X6.5  et50.

That is the only aftermarket wheel which I was able to find, which has the exact same dimensions as the OEM wheel.  For whatever reason, even generic steel wheels do not have the same exact dimensions.  

image.thumb.png.3008b2eeea6e5300de5ee630a0823ad2.png

I got these 2012 Ford Focus wheels on eBay for $350.  They're the correct offset, but they're 7 inches wide as opposed to the stock steels which are 6.5.  They came with the TMPS stems already installed, so I was able to transfer my senders to the new wheels with just one screw.  Note the chrome grille bars . . . . don't think many of you guys have those!  ?

Don

P1000346.jpg

Edited by Beta Don

11 hours ago, Fifty150 said:

That is the only aftermarket wheel which I was able to find, which has the exact same dimensions as the OEM wheel.  For whatever reason, even generic steel wheels do not have the same exact dimensions.  

My Dezent TX Graphites are also exactly of OEM size.

0003482_14-dezent-tx-graphite-alloy-whee

3 hours ago, Beta Don said:

.  They're the correct offset, but they're 7 inches wide as opposed to the stock steels which are 6.5. 

?

Nice chrome.  I hope you're enjoying it.

A lot of wider wheels available.  Not just the Focus take-offs.  To me, the backspace is more important than the offset.  But apparently, the Focus wheel you are using is okay with the extra backspace.

30 minutes ago, mrtn said:

My Dezent TX Graphites are also exactly of OEM size.

0003482_14-dezent-tx-graphite-alloy-whee

Nice. I wonder if those are available in The States.  

• 1 month later...

What do you guys think of these wheels?

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/jnt-aly10010u20n/applications

Jante Replacement Wheels ALY10010U20N

jnt-aly10010u20n_pu_xl.jpg?rep=Falsejnt-aly10010u20n_id_xl.jpg?rep=Falsejnt-aly10010u20n_nt_xl.jpg?rep=False

My strategy is to wait until the price goes down, or there is some sort of promotion with discounting.  Surely, there must be some sort of holiday coupon coming up.

Very difficult to find aftermarket wheels with exact, or close to OEM, specifications.  I just don't want to buy wheels which are an inch or more wider in diameter, an inch or more wider, or with backspace & offset being another inch off.

6 hours ago, Fifty150 said:

My strategy is to wait until the price goes down, or there is some sort of promotion with discounting.  Surely, there must be some sort of holiday coupon coming up.

Very difficult to find aftermarket wheels with exact, or close to OEM, specifications.  I just don't want to buy wheels which are an inch or more wider in diameter, an inch or more wider, or with backspace & offset being another inch off.

I like these wheels and have looked at them before. Nice clean lines with a relatively classic look. But, I DO want them wider and they just don't make them that way.