Ford Transit Connect Forum

2017 TC... where to put your phone.. I think I have a place

All,

As an Android Auto fanatic, I have been trying to determine where to put the phone when plugged into USB... putting it into the storage bin didn’t work... using the cup holders was a bit of a waste...

I found the answer... at least for me...

Between the emergency brake and cup holder there is a seam in the plastic.  I took an used gift card an pushed it into the seam.  This creates a narrow slot that doesn’t next to the cup holders

The gift card went it a bit tough but I tested my idea with a thinner card first..

regards

Dogbert62

6AD18075-9C13-4953-BA4E-FAC41EB95F28.jpeg

Get a little creative .........?   I think his gift card phone holder is very creative , very nice job .  If i didn't already have a phone holder,  ( Toss it onto the passenger seat) i might do what he did myself.

Suction cup based cradles often release in the TX heat... Cup holder based cradles lose the use of at least one cup holder... I want my coffee and my wife wants her soda... Air vent based cradles would require a USB cable that will get in the way of the brake/cup holder area... permanent mounting a cradle is not my style... throwing the connected phone works as long as I don’t have a passenger...

this is solution is... reversible without permanent damage and stealthy with a managed USB cord while allowing full use of the passenger seat and cup holders

Dogbert62

• 4 weeks later...

Any location that puts the phone where you can't see it is great  -  Somewhere that you also can't hear it when you're driving is even better

Thousands of people used to get killed by drivers who had been drinking every year.  We're getting better at eliminating those drivers, but now we have even more getting killed because of cel phones.  We really need to get a handle on that problem . . . . . before the guy coming at me in the other lane kills me!

Don

I use an iphone with an Otter Box cover.  I mounted the orange and silver ring that comes with the Steelie Ball to the Otter Box cover.  You could stick it directly on to the back of your phone.  You will also see a brown furniture pad to the cover to prevent slipping or sliding of the phone.  Works great for me.64DA09CA-67D6-445D-8B5A-0866465CF640.thumb.jpeg.b903f1fc615fe6a6facc955b8b351f0f.jpegD5E36604-D3AD-4191-A234-DBD40C9060EE.thumb.jpeg.80143d55525d98b3502745551b034202.jpeg

• 1 month later...
On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 1:11 PM, Beta Don said:

Any location that puts the phone where you can't see it is great  -  Somewhere that you also can't hear it when you're driving is even better

Thousands of people used to get killed by drivers who had been drinking every year.  We're getting better at eliminating those drivers, but now we have even more getting killed because of cel phones.  We really need to get a handle on that problem . . . . . before the guy coming at me in the other lane kills me!

Don

I find that the glove compartment works excellent. Even better sometimes I forget that its in there once I get to where I'm going.