Ford Transit Connect Forum

Hi from the SF Bay Area!

2019 Transit by the Bay

Welcome to the forum.  Tell us about your TC.  I'm guessing its a 2019 Wagon (not Cargo).  I am curious what you think about the 2.0 L with the 8 speed transmission.  I have a 2018 with the 2.5 and six speed.  And contrary to the reviews I had read before I bought it, I am happy with the drive train.  Its not a race car, but it works fine.  

@davidparker Yes, 2019 Titanium! I don't have anything to compare to my transmission. But, my company use to have an old school Transit, like 8-10 years ago. They sucked big time. LOL

It's pretty smooth and as I get use to the gears, I can work the engine better. However, trying to change lanes and speed up in front of someone... well MEH and possibly dangerous too. 

AND, I have to get use my TC in general. Believe it or not, I'm coming over from having a Mercedes G500. So far, I'm really digging it. 

Just ordered a Rhino Platform Rack and new 18" Konig Rennform wheels (on back order)

On 3/21/2019 at 4:54 PM, davidparker said:

...Contrary to the reviews I had read before I bought it, I am happy with the drive train.  Its not a race car, but it works fine.  

Not to hijack the thread, but every time I step on the gas in my 2015, I think to myself how short-sighted and context-free the automotive press is, and how screwed up the priorities are among the motoring public in general.  The power and driveability of this van is way more than adequate for the kind of driving that people need to do with it, and the upside -- 28 mpg -- pays off for the whole life of the van, not just a couple of onramp drag races.

Maybe it is relevant to the thread, since the 2019s have the deliberately downsized 2.0 engine...