Ford Transit Connect Forum

2016 Transit Connect Wagon Window Washer Repair

Hello... We purchased our 2016 Transit Connect Wagon a few months ago, and we only noticed later on that the rear window washer was shooting water straight out behind the van and not up to the window. Our mechanic ordered and installed a new wiper arm assembly only to find out that there was, what he described as, a small nozzle missing that was supposed to deliver the liquid up through the wiper blade. He checked with the local dealer and was told that the only way to get that part, the nozzle, was to install a new motor assembly which includes the nozzle, and there is no way to buy the nozzle part separately. Do any of you have any knowledge about this? It seems extreme to replace a whole rear wiper motor assembly just to get the one little part when the current motor assembly works great. If I do this, it will be a cost of over $300 for the motor and wiper assembly installed. That's a lot of money just to clean the back window on a low mileage vehicle. Any advice welcome. Thanks... Rick

Any chance that your tc is still under warranty? If it is, you might want to go that route. Part missing from not being properly installed maybe? They can't blame it on being a wearable part.

Good luck.

The bumper to bumper warranty is for 3 years.  The powertrain warranty is for 5 years.  Depending on the initial delivery date, and your current mileage,  you may still have some of that warranty left.  It also depends on the dealership you go to.  Some dealers may perform the work as an after-warranty-adjustment.  Some may just magically happen to have one of those in the back, in a pile of spare parts junk they took off other vehicles.  Some dealers may declare that it is a wear item, and not a warranty item.  Some dealers might deny you any sort of warranty service, and insist that you pay out of pocket @ their rates; and insist that you have to replace the entire door.  

I haven't taken mine apart to know for sure and mine has the barn doors so it may be different.  But, it does look like the washer nozzle is part of the motor assembly.  The wiper arm has a slot in the base that allows the nozzle to shoot the water "through" the arm onto the window.  My guess is that someone installed an aftermarket wiper arm and had to cut the nozzle off the motor to get it to fit.

It really does look like it is part of that assemble.  Mine is a 2016 with the rear lift gate.   I took a photo of what the part looks like.  You might be able to find one at a salvage yard.  Without looking at any diagrams my guess is its part of the motor assembly and perhaps you could remove that and put on your motor.

IMG_1068.jpeg

• 1 year later...
On 3/7/2019 at 2:47 AM, davidparker said:

I haven't taken mine apart to know for sure and mine has the barn doors so it may be different.  But, it does look like the washer nozzle is part of the motor assembly.  The wiper arm has a slot in the base that allows the nozzle to shoot the water "through" the arm onto the window.  My guess is that someone installed an aftermarket wiper arm and had to cut the nozzle off the motor to get it to fit.

Why would someone install an aftermarket wiper arm on a 3 y/o car?

One of mine hasn't worked since new, so I'm looking for a fix.  Why I posted 

Edited by MLB