Ford Transit Connect Forum

New 16 TC LWB XLT owner here

bug512

Hello, new to the forum. My Wife Ginger and I picked up a 16 TC LWB XLT with 31,000 miles to replace our Subaru Forester. This is our third car or as we say our dogs and our weekend car.

I plan on making some modifications with the removal of the third row seat and making some storage underneath the dog crates. We currently have three pups (Lilly, Tripp and Leia). We love getting outdoors with them and training. My Wife is a Certified Dog Trainer and Lilly is a Certified Therapy Dog, I handle Lilly during her visits. Other then that we love the outdoors, currently we have a 1997 Jayco popup, she is only an 8' box and weighs under #1500. She towed well behind the Subaru so I'm sure the TC will also do fine. Racks are on order for Kayaks on the roof. Look forward to sharing modifications along with trying to help some other folks out. 

Thanks ! 

Gene

pHxcHnGCSrehoVSacR8PnQ.jpg

fullsizeoutput_11e1.jpeg

IMG_3162.JPG

Welcome, I also have a 2016 and have taken the rear seats out several times.  I bought it new Nov of 2017 and it only has 13,000 miles on it.  It was supposed to be a third vehicle for hauling stuff, trips etc.  However after having it only a few months my son's car broke and he "borrowed" my other car.  Finally after 7 months I got my Volt back am now back to my planned vehicle setup.  He did manage to run the front of the Volt into the left rear corner of the TC!  Fortunately just some minor scratches and the backup sensor on the corner wasn't damaged.  It has been great for hauling my wife's 90 year old parents.  Her father had terminal cancer and it was so much easier to get him into it than a car of SUV.  He passed away at the end of last year but now we are taking mother-in-law places.  She still drives locally but has very bad arthritis, the van is very easy for her to get in and out of.  Sometimes I haul the 5 YO twin grandkids in it.  And yes they did find something to compete about.  Left side or right side, what's the difference?  On the left side they can see the whole screen on the NAV system!  In the Volt same issue but its the battery display which has wheels that turn and shows the engine and power flow. 

Edited by PhotoAl