Ford Transit Connect Forum

Transit connect 1.8 troubles help

Hi all I just pulled my exhaust manifold of had to take turbo off to get to the pig of a bolt but got it off took inlet manifold off took agr off steeped inlet manifold in tfr overnight put all back together now when I rev the intercooler pipes on the top swell up quite badly with pressure I can't understand why any help would be greatly appreciated.

Scot year of connect 08 1.8 diesel

Edited by scot the sniper
Year of connect

I was driving it before after I fitted timing belt and done a wheel bearing it was driving fine it's only after exhaust manifold and inlet manifold and agr valve all been took off oh and turbo pulled apart to get the pig of a bolt out that it's all been put back together the pipes are swelling up badly you can actually hear the turbo spooling up and the whistling seem to go with the revs of the engine and it's down on power please help at my wits end

Im thinking something didn't go back together the way it was before, check all of the connections on the turbo and waste gate to make sure something isn't swapped, loose or disconnected.   Im not familiar with the Ford turbos but most turbos Ive had have a waste gate and if the control is messed up then it could overboost which would cause the swelling - not a good thing as you can tell.