Ford Transit Connect Forum

center caps for a 2012

bocephus205

google brought me here, I've searched this site and all over and can't find what center caps will work with our vans,  this guy has exactly what I'm looking for but unfortunately he hasn't been active in a while.  I found ford part number 4367100, but no one in the states carry these.

anyone else found any that are compatible?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075XHGZPQ/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_boECCbXNXYRD9

Thought I had something cooking with these, had sourced some ford emblems made for the center as well, but the clips were to fat to fit between the hub and the wheel.

Ended up going with Mr. Gasket 2486 dust caps, but they were smaller than they should have been by almost 2mm, took a cutoff wheel and cut some tabs in the back side and flared them out for a snug fit, had to pound them in with a hammer,  hopefully they're road worthy.   I'll post back in  a couple months when I get this thing back going.

1.jpg

2.jpg

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 7:29 PM, bocephus205 said:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075XHGZPQ/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_boECCbXNXYRD9

Thought I had something cooking with these, had sourced some ford emblems made for the center as well, but the clips were to fat to fit between the hub and the wheel.

Ended up going with Mr. Gasket 2486 dust caps, but they were smaller than they should have been by almost 2mm, took a cutoff wheel and cut some tabs in the back side and flared them out for a snug fit, had to pound them in with a hammer,  hopefully they're road worthy.   I'll post back in  a couple months when I get this thing back going.

2.jpg

I was trying to work something out like this with push thru center caps, trim rings & chrome lug nuts. What I was looking at was using some steel wheels at 65.1mm hub dia. with a push thru center cap. Theory was that the thickness of the center caps would reduce the diameter down close to 63.4mm (.030" material thickness) and retain the hub-centric aspect. 

My question to you is: What is the hub diameter on these wheels?

• 2 months later...

I got these from the UK...OEM euro Ford center caps for my 2015 and 2017 TC's. Part number DT111A059AB (also known as DT1Z1130A). It's what they use on the steelies in europe. Perfect fit. Not sure about the older TC's. I'm getting rid of them along with the OEM amber fender markers shown in the picture, as well as some other cool Transit stuff

A9AA29B1-A4BB-43A9-B7BB-B62CEF585473.jpeg

9327AC6B-9E7E-4384-A5C2-89518D5604FC.png

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I am going to try the Mr. Gasket 2486 center caps. Married my stock black rims with some 245/50/16s and need something to cover the ugly centers. First criteria is they must be chrome, the black Euro caps are just butt ugly to me (just my opinion). Ordered four from Amazon for $25 so if they end up not working I haven't lost too much. I'm on the fence about adding some beauty rims (already have these) or not. They may end up making the whole look too "busy".

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Fifty150 said:

And keep dirt, sand, grime, road salt, mud, pet hairs, and flu virus out of your hubs.

My '16 XLT cargo didn't come with any caps front or rear so I'm assuming it is a "sealed" system. Leastways I couldn't see any caps in the rear. but the view was partially obstructed with some spacers I have on there. Didn't look like it, but it was cold when I stuck the snow tires on and I was in a hurry. Anyways, the caps are purely for looks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2020 at 11:45 AM, OLDSCHOOLFOOL said:

20200105_193755.jpg

Center caps arrived and look very good indeed. A little bit too small just as Bocephus205 says, but I have a different plan.

I made some cuts and flared the ends like this jeep center cap, but I was in a hurry to get it done,  I'm sure a large enough o-ring would work as well

973c93ab-6c85-4c63-8201-28654501a428_1.54e7201339d03b4a6946b8b6044f25ac.jpeg

1 hour ago, bocephus205 said:

I made some cuts and flared the ends like this jeep center cap, but I was in a hurry to get it done,  I'm sure a large enough o-ring would work as well

973c93ab-6c85-4c63-8201-28654501a428_1.54e7201339d03b4a6946b8b6044f25ac.jpeg

Yes, I get what you did. I was a little confused at first, thinking you were placing them between the wheel and hub, which did not make too much sense to me.

With the rim of the cap flared out.....have they all stayed in place?