Ford Transit Connect Forum

Vent Selector Knob, Temp Selector Knob, and A/C Light Not Working

joshuamartin

Hi All,

2015 Transit Connect XLT here.

I just was in the dash while installing a powered subwoofer unit underseat. 

The subwoofer works great, but now I noticed some other things wrong.

The vent selector (what vents air comes from), temperature selector, and the A/C button doesn't work.

The vent is stuck on feet.

The temp is stuck on hot.

The A/C button does not light when pressed.

The fan speed works great!

The rear defrost button works great!

check fuses? check wire harness going to lowest center console panel?

The dash is easy to take apart, but i'd like to hear if anyone has any better ideas.

thanks in advance!

Josh

How about posting a few photos to help us out?  Show how you added another fuse.  Maybe show us the fuse that you tapped, so that someone else doesn't do it.  

By the way, how did you determine (mistakenly) to use that fuse?  Did you reference some sort of schematic?

• 2 months later...

Wow, the Googles led me here. I have a 2015 TC Van with this EXACT same issue. I bought it used from a repair shop that used it as a roadside assistance vehicle. I removed a GPS tracking module which got power from the fuse box under the glovebox using Add-A-Fuses. I must of removed one that powers the HVAC module because I have the exact same symptoms. I thought I double checked to make sure that all the fuses were installed for the options my van has. I guess I missed one?

Which fuse was it joshuamartin? A fuse number or picture would be great!

• 2 weeks later...

So, I ended up figuring this out.

Looking at the BCM and referencing the Ford Wiring Diagrams book (seriously, buy a copy! I paid $23 on eBay for mine but it is invaluable is diagnosing electrical issues) it looks like fuses 71 and 85 both supply power to the HVAC module. At first, I just replaced fuse 85 but the HVAC controls still did not work. I didn't initially think fuse 71 applied to my van because it was listed as "Electronic Automatic Temperature Control module, HVAC control module" and my van has the manual HVAC controls. Both fuses were missing due to having 2 Add-A-Fuses installed powering some sort of fleet management GPS system that I removed. You must have both fuses installed for the HVAC controls to work.

Fuse 71 is 10A

Fuse 85 is 7.5A

That is all it was! I hope this helps someone else who has this issue.

Edited by stanger_missle

7 hours ago, stanger_missle said:

Ford Wiring Diagrams book

I hope this helps someone else who has this issue.

Thanks for the tip.  Maybe you can post photos of the pages you referenced in the manual.  Help the next guy who does not have the book in front of him.

Sure! I apologize for the pic quality. All of my stuff is in storage as I just moved so I had to resort to using my phone to take the pics.

The BCM fuse box under the passenger side glove compartment:

1086274898_20190522_2106532.thumb.jpg.386942a72626f4fdd25c25455db79e3b.jpg

1227766198_20190522_2107132.thumb.jpg.d6e1df1ccd4a96d4cef4fbf5a7bd62c7.jpg

271218690_20190522_2107252.thumb.jpg.2ac56c1d26791ba322a53f16737e6540.jpg

These apply to 2015 XLT Vans. There might be differences if you have a wagon, a different trim level or a different year.