Ford Transit Connect Forum

adaptive cruise control?

I have no idea how it works on the new TC, but on my 2017 Volt it's amazing and I use it in city traffic all the time.  Set your speed 5 or 10 mph above the posted speed limit and it follows the speed of whatever cars are in front of you.  Slows to a stop when they do, brief touch of the accelerator to get you moving again and you follow traffic at their speed everywhere you go.  I love it!!

I'll never buy another new car without it

Don

• 2 months later...
On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 6:06 PM, Beta Don said:

I have no idea how it works on the new TC, but on my 2017 Volt it's amazing and I use it in city traffic all the time.  Set your speed 5 or 10 mph above the posted speed limit and it follows the speed of whatever cars are in front of you.  Slows to a stop when they do, brief touch of the accelerator to get you moving again and you follow traffic at their speed everywhere you go.  I love it!!

Me being the cranky old mistrusting guy that I am, I could never trust such a feature but I can appreciate the idea in general. Making several trips form VA to NC and back over the last couple of weeks, I notice that when ramping down the speed manually on the cruise control that the van will downshift to slow down to the new set speed if the adjustment is quick. Don't really like this since I'm used to the vehicle coasting under this condition or even picking up speed if going downhill. Maybe I'm just a control freak.

I'm with you on the mistrust although I can see the value in some situations like following a Honda - my daughters minivan is amazingly inconsistent on speed up and down hills with the cruse control on - I know its trying to avoid downshifting but its annoying.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2019 at 10:29 AM, govandlaw said:

On the 2019, anyone drive it with the adaptive cruise control option added, if so, is it stop and go?

Stop and go would be a killer feature for the TC.

I have a new Ford Escape with Adaptive Cruise Control and Stop-N-Go. The 2019 TC works exactly the same, which is great!

My co-worker at Ford has tested one and said it works just like the other Ford vehicles.