Ford Transit Connect Forum

Anyone read of more info on this development: Ford will soon end production of passenger “multivans” like the Transit Connect

govandlaw

I like the Mercedes vans.  Just don't like the pricing.  I would rather drive a Ford, and keep the other $10K in my pocket.  But that's how I feel about cars in general.  I would never buy a luxury car.  Vehicles for me are about utility and transportation.  I'm not willing to spend more money for luxury features.  Same way I don't buy designer label fashion jeans.  

3 hours ago, WillMartin said:

The Subaru Brat was just one of those things that should never have happened.  That one should have just made the obvious left turn into the ocean and turned back into oxides.

Hush!  That would be a waste of a couple of good chicks.  Someone else could find some good use for those 2 chicks.

I totally agree with you! Designer cars and clothing are a waste of money. I don't want to be defined by the car I drive or the designer label clothes. Besides my 2014 TC wagon that I bought used I drive a 2017 Honda Civic. Under 20k and it's a fine vehicle. If the designer clothes folk want to give me clothes( with their logo ) then I would wear their brand and be a walking advertisement for them, Otherwise I will continue to boycott any designer clothing with their brand on it!

The car you drive, as well the your clothing; makes a statement about you, and presents your image.  

People judge you by your presentation.  

Wide brim fedora, long rain coat, and creepy van with blacked out tinted window.........the kind of guy who hangs out in the back room of adult video arcades, and not the kind of stranger you would take candy from.  

Want to come see my puppy?  I've got ice cream.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been driving vans for a long time.  The stigma of the van driver is a stigma to embrace.  All the "free candy" sign jokes are a little stale.  Besides, I go for a different demographic.  My sign says "free champagne."  It works great.  It gets chicks who would have been in the ocean in a Subaru Brat to like me.  Every time.  Try it.  You will see.