Ford Transit Connect Forum

has anyone removed a head light assy

According to the service manual, you have to remove the bumper cover assembly. There are three bolts that hold the headlight, two below and the visable one above, disconnect the electrical coonector and thats it. The bumper cover seems a bit more involved. Remove the fender splash shields, the 5 radiator screws, the 4 bumper cover side bolts(2 each side), fender mouldings,the side marker lamp electrical connedtors, the 2 front bumper cover bolts( under the plastic covers) and take off the bumper cover. And as the manual states, to install, reverse the removal proceedure. Hope this helps.

Woody

whats the trick to remove a headlight assy

Edited by JWWOODY

According to the service manual, you have to remove the bumper cover assembly. There are three bolts, two below and the visable one above. disconnect the electrical coonector and thats it. The bumper cover seems a bit more involved. Remove the fender splash shields, the 5 radiator screws, the 4 bumper cover side bolts(2 each side), fender mouldings,the side marker lamp electrical connedtors, the 2 front bumper cover bolts( under the plastic covers) and take off the bumper cover. And as the manual states, to install, reverse the removal proceedure. Hope this helps.

Woody

ok i'll have to go back under and look

i need to buy a manual

• 4 years later...

I have just replaced the O/S unit on my 65 plate Connect 240 LTD, following a hefty pheasant strike yesterday !!! £182.44 replacement unit from Hendy...

Above posts refer to different model I think, but there are no 'bottom bolts' on this model...no need to remove any bumpers, trims or anything...

Switch off lights & ignition...remove connector block from unit.

Undo the top back screw, including odd shaped fixing plate, near bonnet hinge, then remove a couple of securing clips under the rubber trim along front above front grill.

This will allow a bit of 'wiggle room'

Remove the bottom screw...then look at your new unit...note what sticks out where etc, this will help greatly with removal of old unit.

Just a case of carefully lifting, turning, easing etc till its out.

Wiggle and turn, ease new one in, replace screws, weird looking plate, and clips etc.

Check everything works OK

Don't forget to save any working bulbs before you chuck the old unit.

...Final note...

The £182.44 handed over to Hendys...the unit is complete, including all bulbs, only things to re-use are your 2 fixing screws.

Hope that helps someone out, I arrived here following a Google search...but nowt came up specific to the newer model.

(Admin /mod please edit / move to more relevant section if required)

Edited by 34schwant

• 5 months later...