Ford Transit Connect Forum

Anyone finding the mid-row power outlet very unreliable?

govandlaw

Anyone finding the mid-row power outlet very unreliable? Wonder if there is an easy fix (like an upgraded inverter feeding the stock outlet) to lengthen how long the outlet actually works before the safety faught (flashing green lights) triggers, even with low wattage items, I only get a few minutes before it stops working.

Edited by govandlaw

• 1 year later...
On 1/5/2019 at 7:11 PM, govandlaw said:

Anyone finding the mid-row power outlet very unreliable? Wonder if there is an easy fix (like an upgraded inverter feeding the stock outlet) to lengthen how long the outlet actually works before the safety faught (flashing green lights) triggers, even with low wattage items, I only get a few minutes before it stops working.

I am having problem with my built in inverter on my 2019 TC XLT. Only trying to power an Echo Dot.  Measured voltage is about 83volts not 110.  It turns off after a few min.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey @Tom c what did the dealer end up doing to fix it? I'm having the same problem with mine. We get 10-15 minutes of power before it shuts off. I have to pull over in the freeway, fully take the key out of the ignition, open the driver door to turn off the electronics, and then turn the car back on to get power out of the outlet.

Was the dealership finally able to fix it for you?

Hi There,

I had the same issue with my new 2019 TC Limited (I'm in the UK). The dealer had my vehicle back 3 times. After giving the dealer a detailed explanation of the problem and a possible suggestion, the workshop couldn't find a problem! When I collected the vehicle I asked what tests did they carry out. It turned out the technician tested the inverter with an iPhone charger and for only 10mins. The second dealer visit I left in the van for testing a desk lamp with an LED bulb and clear instructions to keep testing beyond 15 minutes. The third visit to remedy the issue was to reload the vehicle software. Since then all has been working just fine. 

• 1 month later...

@Nico So reloading the vehicle software was the solution? What software specifically was reloaded? Was it the Sync3 software, or some other kind of onboard computer? I'd like to get specifics so I can ask my dealership to do the same. Thanks!

Edited by Marquizzo