Ford Transit Connect Forum

MaxxAir Fan for 2018 LWB Wagon

scjeremy

I do a lot of camping during the summer months and would really like to install a Maxxair fan 7500 for a LWB wagon.  Has anyone done this on their own?  How did you power the fan?  I was hoping to cut the 14"x14" hole right at the back light and using those wires.  Anyone know what gauge wires Ford uses for those lights?  Any help or info is greatly appreciated.  

Fifty is right. The existing wire is 18ga I think. The constant load of the lights and fan is too much. Don't take any chances. See forum posts on adding a fuse or directly wiring to the aux junction box in the back (if you have one). You can get fancy and add a switch panel, USB ports etc.

Edited by Don Ridley

You may want to check this roof adapter out.

I have not purchased from this seller but he seems to have a good rep.

Also sells 3M Thinsulate

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Transit-Connect-Roof-Vent-Adapter-for-2014-or-Later/142515465891?hash=item212e956ea3:m:mBzibOMwMKr0bwakbnkxZJw&var=441506560218&redirect=mobile

Edited by JackGrimshaw

Thanks JackG for that ebay find....that's perfect.  Another question for Fifty150.....Since I was going to use the light wires, I'm not familiar with the auxilary juncion box.  Could you give me a quick run down on where that's located and how I would be able to wire to there?  And yes, i do have the LWB wagon.