Ford Transit Connect Forum

Right side power windows & mirror dead

Got the right hand drive conversion installed in the 2015 TC and just discovered the front and rear power window on the right side don't work.  The right side power mirror also doesn't work.  Checked all the relevant fuses and they are good.  Any ideas?  The RHD conversion runs under the dash so I'm wondering if a wiring harness got disconnected, but I don't see anything obvious.  Its hard to deliver the mail when the window won't go down!

My money is on a connection, check fuses as well.  Not sure if they have separate fuses for left and right side but really think its an unplugged connector somewhere.  I don't have the manual yet but if you can check the wiring diagrams that may help on locating the issue.  

37 minutes ago, G B L said:

Did the windows and Mirrors work before you did the conversion? I suspect something was disturbed during the process.

I think we used the windows, but I can't say for certain.  Just had the van for a week or so before sending it off for the conversion.  Going from memory so I might be off on the numbers but I checked fuses 28&29 in the engine compartment, the control the windows.  Then checked 3&4 and 7&8 in the rear panel, which are left and right door controls.  

If we have sunshine tomorrow I plan to check under the dash for any connectors that are unplugged or loose.  It has to be a loose connection somewhere, just where!

Well I couldn't find anything.  Did figure out that the right side doors also weren't locking and since there is no manual way to lock them....

Its in the dealers hands now.  They said there were three tech that worked on electronics and wiring and that they were backed up right now, could be a week.  The dealer can also check on the transmission and the door latch recall since its outstanding and the left side door sometimes sticks.  

Edited by Appraiser249

On 12/17/2018 at 10:54 PM, Don Ridley said:

The door module (small computer in the door) is probably faulty or has lost a connection.Tough to diagnose without a scanner.

Dealer finally called today, it needs a new module, which is now on order along with the door latch recall parts.  At least the module is only $300 and change.  Hopefully we'll get it back before the new year!

The idea just doesn't sit well with me.  I see postal employees in my area driving USPS vehicles.  Not their own vehicles.  It would be like me, buying my own police car, to go to work as a cop.  Even the guys who work in plainclothes details do not drive their own cars.  They get unmarked "cool cars".  Not the plain white Crown Vic, but a variety of different civilian cars that look nothing like a cop car.

Edited by Fifty150

• 2 weeks later...

My driver's side window is giving me some grief recently as well. Goes down fine, but takes a few tries to get it to go back up. I hear a relay type click in the door when I hit the switch, and the window moves smoothly when it does work, so I don't think it's the main module. Maybe a relay going bad in the door or motor?

PS - no recent work on the vehicle so I don't expect it's a loose connection or broken wire.

Would I like fries with that? <G>

I may try fixing that myself come spring, and just be ready to freeze my a$$ off for a while if the window gets stuck down. Thing is, I just had some major surgery and any shopping I do is at drive up windows, which I suppose is why I'm noticing the problem now. I'll call the Ford dealer and get a quote anyway.

Congrats on the Major Surgery!  The docs were able to fix whatever went wrong, and you're still alive!  That's actually good.  How many drive-through buckets of chicken have you gone through?  You got any friends or family around there that can help you out a little?  Maybe we should look for volunteers from this forum to give you a hand.