Ford Transit Connect Forum

New and looking for ideas for mobility access

eastcoast909

Hi all:

I am in the process of looking at the '19 titanium passenger for use for my wife and myself.  We need a vehicle so that we can transport a mobility scooter and one that she is able to access.  We had a commercial version out for a test drive and to see if the seating arrangement on the passenger side was suitable.  One thing that we noticed was that the floor on the passenger side dips down.  This cause problems for her to move in and out as she cannot push with her left leg nor support her weight with her left leg when trying to enter and exit the vehicle. She is very short (4ft.10") and we had to use a step up platform to allow her to be high enough to enter the vehicle.  I currently drive a Nissan Altima that she can get into and out of with moderate difficulty.

Has anyone had something similar to the Bruno Valet lift installed??  If so how did it work out.

Does anyone know if the leather seats in the 2019 version are any different in profile to the cloth seats?  This is important as the side bolsters and front of the seat on other vehicles we have tried cut into her legs and cause pain after a small period of time.

Has anyone put an aftermarket power seat in the vehicle on the passenger side?

Thanks in advance.

John

• 1 month later...