Ford Transit Connect Forum

Movable Cargo WAll

Appraiser249

We are looking for a used TC to convert to RHD for mail delivery.  Love the size and wide open space of a TC!  The seats folding to a flat floor give the ability to move people on occasion but most of the time great package room.  We've seen a few with a metal mesh wall that is on a track so you can have the middle seats up with the wall behind them or have the middle seat down and the wall all the way to the front seats.  This would be perfect but the one's with the wall are too far away or too high mileage.  Was this an option from Ford or someone else?  I've looked at every shelf and wall option for a TC and can't find 'em.  I'd like to add one to whatever TC we get.

This is the wall I'm looking for.  Found it in a 2015 and a 2016 so far.  Don't know if it was an option from Ford that you can't get any more or if its from a third party.  It goes over the seats and can adjust from all the way forward to behind the second row seats.

SlidingWall.JPG

Found it!  It is an Adrian Steel product.  Found it on youtube (of course...) but its not on their website so I assume its no longer available.  Hopefully we will soon be the new owners of one that's for sale.  It will then get a right hand drive conversion and be my wife's for mail delivery.  Wish I could get an English version that's already RHD!

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:29 PM, Fifty150 said:

That's one less thing to worry about.  One more item checked off the list.

What was the part no. on that item?

Not sure of the part #, we went to Atlanta today and bought the 2015 with the movable wall!  If it wasn't 30 degrees out I would have done more exploring.  Will try to find one this weekend.

You bought a 2015 van.  Congrats!

Off topic just a little.......I live in The City.  Every mail carrier that I see, drives a USPS Grumman LLV or a new Dodge Ram Van.  How does that work where you deliver the mail, but have to buy your own vehicle?  That would be like a cop, buying his own police car.  

That look like a very good partition.  When you have time up load a Video of how it works.

Fifty 150 you are a city person, once you get to a rural area all the Mail Carriers own there own vehicles.  The popular carrier around here is a Jeep wrangler with right hand Drive

https://www.postalthings.com/right-hand-drive-kits

A kit is available.

FORD TRANSIT CONNECT

We now do the 2015 Ford Transit Connect!! They have a tremendous amount of room!

•  
    Transit1
    Ford Transit with strobe.
  •  
    Transit2
    RHD Kit
  •  
    Transit3
    RHD kit
  •  
    Transit4
    Look at all this room!

Please view our Vehicle List page for a comprehensive list of the Ford vehicles we supply RHD kits.

46 minutes ago, G B L said:

I wonder if Ford is smart enough to be able to lets a  UK version be sold as a Mail vehicle. The TC already comes with the right set up.

I would snap one up faster than they could import it!  A Jeep Wrangler would be wonderful, but they are very expensive, even used, and the used one need new engines and transmissions!  The four door which is the largest made is too small for the number of packages my wife's regular route gets, especially at this time of the year.  

The movable 'wall' is fairly simple.  Its on a mounted platform that goes over the third seat, is on a track with fixed stops at the back of the front seats and another behind the middle seats.  I think we can engineer a way to put in additional stops.

We have a PostalThings RHD conversion in a Subaru Forester but don't like the large towers they mount on the floor.  On the TC (as you can see in the pics) the plastic around the center console is removed.  There is another place, oddly enough about two miles north of PostalThings, called Pedal Pros.  They use cables so the center console stays intact.  Both systems mount plates on the front floor board, which means drilling all the way through....  We are retiring a Honda Element with a RHD conversion that is behind the pedals so nothing is drilled through the floor, but I think its only going to work on an Element.  Our mechanic is going to remove it Monday and see if he can reverse engineer it to work in the Transit Connect.  

Almost wants to make you source the right hand drive parts from overseas.  Then you can completely remove the steering wheel, dash, gauges, pedals, floorboard.....and whatever else.  Then "drop in" the new parts.  I see this as a very costly project.  Pretty sure you can deduct the cost of conversion on your tax form.  Not that I want to give any advice on what else you can creatively claim.  

The fact that The UK version meets the euro emissions and would not require much for the US standard.  You should get in touch  with Ford Fleet operations and they might have a program.

Fiat Chrysler has the program for the Wranglers .  All the Wranglers up here are the four door and were sourced from a dealer.