Ford Transit Connect Forum

Odd Dashboard Scoop?

WillMartin

2010 cargo - there's an odd cavity on the top of the dashboard that I can't figure out.  It looks like somebody took the hood scoop off of a hot rod or something, and turned it into part of the dashboard.  The scoop faces toward the seats, so I guess you could use it as a place to put a clipboard.  I thought it was a heater vent, but I can't find any openings in it with my fingers.  I haven't shined a light down there yet.  Any ideas what that is for or why it is there?  I can accept that it's a mystery to keep dorks like me busy wondering what it is, as long as somebody can confirm.

• 6 months later...

This seemed like the right spot to ask another 'newbie' question, this time related to the interior. On the second gen T.C. wagons, what the purpose of the little hatch underneath the front passenger seat? Smuggler's compartment? It's not exactly handy for a defensive weapon if you have to access it from the second row seat foot well. Is it access to something I'm too blind to see? I guess if the catalytic converter is nearby, it could keep that slice of pizza warm???

I have tried everything and I still haven't figured it out. If you put a charger or cell phone in that sandwich pocket they will both slide around while making an awful lot of noise. Conveniently? when you reach for it - whatever is in there - will slide around in circles while you grab at it and try to drive at the same time. I'm backing the sandwich holder theory. I really think Ford tried to steal a design idea from the 1980's Hondas - they just got it wrong in the translation.

Edited by Bill Jackson