Ford Transit Connect Forum

2 different parts.  Left wiper and right wiper have different part numbers.  Both are 29".  

Motorcraft WW2953

This product fits this position on your 2016 Ford Transit Connect:

• Right

488782085_wiperr.thumb.jpg.e010e12eeb54ff51e9d19277a5d1b38b.jpg

Motorcraft WW2954

This product fits this position on your 2016 Ford Transit Connect:

• Left

428842937_wiperl.thumb.jpg.56e7d027e48f053d0193867e6150cf83.jpg

KIMG0163.JPG

KIMG0164.JPG

I installed a new OEM wiper on the driver side, and a Sears DieHard wiper on the passenger side.  Now, it's time to wait for the winter storms to see how they turn out.  The original OEM wipers, after 2 years, saw some streaking on the driver side and the passenger side falling apart.  No science here.  I randomly squirt washer fluid.  Rain falls are not consistent.  I park outside with full UV exposure.  Installation was fairly easy for both.  Sears wiper came with different adapters for different vehicles.  

Item # 02899890000 Model # DHB29

prod_19749691812?hei=1000&wid=1000&op_sharpen=1KIMG0210.thumb.JPG.8550140477de1fec78d018f78b29fd4d.JPG

KIMG0211.JPG

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Fifty150 said:

How did wiper blades get so expensive?

I am curious if there is some "special" connection of the blade to the arm, or is it just the "standard" hook, slide and clip just like most every other car in the past 15-20 years? I don't really care for the way the arms sort of retract back down under the hood when you switch to "off".

9 hours ago, OLDSCHOOLFOOL said:

I am curious if there is some "special" connection of the blade to the arm, or is it just the "standard" hook, slide and clip just like most every other car in the past 15-20 years? I don't really care for the way the arms sort of retract back down under the hood when you switch to "off".

Pinch Tab

wiper l.jpg

wiper r.jpg

wiper blades.jpg

14 hours ago, Fifty150 said:

I reckon there's nothing "standard" about wiper blades.  

Every vehicle I have bought wipers for in the past 20 years has been the "hook" type. Soooooo easy. Thanks for posting that pic. I seem to recall the bayonet style being the one back in the 60s & 70s but that was a long time ago.

• 1 month later...

The Sears wiper I installed side-by-side with the Ford MotorCraft wiper is doing very well.  Both are doing well.  The winter storm season has begun in this area.  Both wipers are awesome so far.  But I only have rain.  And my expectations are for wipers to last at least 1 year.  The OEM wipers that came with the car lasted 2 years.  But I've seen wipers go 4,5,6 years.....even inexpensive wipers.  My only standard is that the rubber does not disintegrate, and that it wipes clean.   Obviously, cleaning the blades help.  Dirt, debris, sand, pollen, hair, and other crime scene DNA can interfere with wiper performance.  When the wipers  leave streaks, or simply smear the water around, it's time to replace them.

• 4 years later...

The Sears wipers did okay.  Not better or worse than OEM.  Sears is now out of business.  

I just installed new OEM wiper blades.  Strange way that pricing works, one side was a dollar more than the other side.  

A lot of 28" wiper blades.  Very few 29" wiper blades.  Pricing was about $20 on up.  @ $25 per blade, that would have been a $50 set.  The Motorcraft was $14 & $15.  

For the single 14" wiper blade on the back of the wagon liftgate, I found Hella for $4.  

Close in price was Trico.  Odd that Trico also has a different part number for the right hand side and left hand side.  

image.png.7c0205da815735f55556a4a03cc65d1f.png

Edited by Fifty150