Ford Transit Connect Forum

Turn-key camping conversion

Hi guys!

I am new to the site and thought I would share our camping conversion with you.

My wife and I have recently bought 2015 TC Passenger, LWB. We have also purchased a turn-key camping module from our friends in Czech Republic, which converts our TC into camping van within minutes. It has two two cookers, sink with running water, and minifridge. It also folds down into a full size bed.

We are taking it on a 2-month tour around US. Below are few photos of the camping module, or you can find more info about it on the website https://nestbyegoe.cz/en

You can find more photos as we travel on our instagram at https://www.instagram.com/nestour_north_america/

Feel free to send us any comments or questions about the camping module or our trip. The company that makes it is considering bringing it to US market, but they are not sure if it would be successful here, so any comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks and keep enjoying your TCs!

Peter and Barbora

26482352_Unknown.jpeg

IMG_0835.jpeg

IMG_0838.jpeg

Edited by Peter Surovic

Very nice!  Like the way it slides out for use and is easy to put up.  My current camper conversion looks like this ?and doesn’t include a stove or ice chest.  Seriously nice part about the camping module is it’s something that can be put in and removed easily.   Will enjoy hearing how your trip goes.  

A7466155-53BD-4E17-A01B-4D37B19F6EBB.jpeg

Looked at your trip blog.  Looks like lots of fun.  I went from Grand Island Nebraska in a big clockwise circle thru some of the same places.  Although retired had time constraints, my wife didn’t go as 1 she doesn’t ride on motorcycles with me (may be related to scooter crash in Italy when she was on the back but she was ok) and 2 she doesn’t like to camp.  Going out I rode mostly interstates but on the way back did almost all secondary roads.  They were very good and it was much more interesting.  Also was caught on the western side of a low pressure system for 3 days, one was really bad with rain and wind.  It’s apparent there is a side wind when the raindrops are going horizontaly across the helmet visor.  Spent three nights in Dubois Wyoming camping, very nice area.  My cooking consisted of picking off the menu at a restaurant.  

• 2 weeks later...

A clever idea, as it offers the possibility to remove the module and fairly easily return the van to normal duties when not being used as a camper.   Is there anything else like this on the market in the USA ?

I am planning a minimalist conversion of my LWB along these lines, but I expect that the Nestbox would be 1) better engineered, 2) better looking, and 3) easier (obviously) than doing it myself.    It has a similar aesthetic to the Westfalia conversion that VW has orphaned.  Based on what I see I'd be happy to have one in my van.

I will be very interested in this if it reaches the USA.  Price will be a major determining factor, of course... but I think it has potential to be a viable product among the small-van set, assuming that one distributor will import several models to fit the several small vans on the US market.

Eddy, to my knowledge there is nothing else on the market that would allow you to convert standard minivan/cargo van into camper within minutes.

You are correct that the price point and vehicle selection will be critical. That’s why we are taking our TC around the country to find out what people think of it and which car would they fit it into.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...