Ford Transit Connect Forum

Repair manual. Lemme try

Doc Hoy

I am looking for a good source for a repair manual for my 2011 and 2012 TCs. Seems like these things should available in the right version (North American Gas Engine) at a reasonable price. Last entry I found on this forum was from 2015 and spoke of a manual at 70.00. Now they are 100.00. Another spoke of a manual which only included info on the Diesel version.

Tnx,

Doc

Edited by Doc Hoy

All,

I downloaded the service manual from "tradebit". It is okay but not great. It does appear to be the Ford Manual. Has some good diagrams but only limited explanations.

Notes advise opening FirefoxPortable.exe with "Wine".

1. I am still trying to learn how to do this.

2. I am not sure what this will do for me that I can't already do with the manual.

The manual has already answered some of the questions that I had. I suppose it is worth the 18 bucks I paid for the download.

But the experience should really be more seamless.

Anyone who tries this should be ready for about an hour of fiddling on your computer followed by some less-than-intuitive routing through the manual.

When I began having difficulty opening the manual from Tradebit, I emailed them and the person who was actually providing access to the file. Within two hours I had an email response from the guy who is selling the files. It contained a PDF of the entire manual. I think that is pretty darned good service.

• 2 weeks later...

So far I am happy with the manual that I downloaded from Tradebit. Admittedly that is probably because I don't do much work on the trucks.  I wish I had more time to fiddle with these two trucks. If I can't fond it on the manual  I look for an online video or ask questions here. If that doesn't help, I am pretty much stuck.

• 6 months later...