Ford Transit Connect Forum

looking for delivery vehicle

padman63

Hello,

I am considering a TC to use for my small business. I sell pads and covers to the dry cleaning and laundry industry and it seems the cargo area for my type of business is ideal with the TC. I live and work in the San Diego and Las Vegas areas of the southwest US. With little exception, a few hills and some vicious wind from time to time in Vegas, the driving conditions I endure are pretty tolerable. I have read several posts here so far and have noticed some glaring issues with things like the audio system, the bluetooth, and passing power. All of these things are important to me as I pretty much "live" in my vehicle 60-70 hours a week. Some have mentioned about the noise as well. Based on what I sell I can not see that as any issue at all since the cargo area would be packed with the pads and covers. I drive frequently between southern California and Las Vegas and enjoy that time on the phone and listening to my iPod. I can see, it seems that some sort of audio upgrade would have to be implemented. I would like to use the bluetooth feature as well. My son has a Fusion hybrid with the bluetooth feature and it seems to work perfectly, I would assume the "sync" feature in the TC is the same setup? Anyway without too much more rambling I am currently doing my due diligence on this vehicle and am weighing the options. PLEASE, any comments, whether they good, bad or indifferent you may have I would greatly appreciate!!! Thank you in advance!!!!

Hello,

I am considering a TC to use for my small business. I sell pads and covers to the dry cleaning and laundry industry and it seems the cargo area for my type of business is ideal with the TC. I live and work in the San Diego and Las Vegas areas of the southwest US. With little exception, a few hills and some vicious wind from time to time in Vegas, the driving conditions I endure are pretty tolerable. I have read several posts here so far and have noticed some glaring issues with things like the audio system, the bluetooth, and passing power. All of these things are important to me as I pretty much "live" in my vehicle 60-70 hours a week. Some have mentioned about the noise as well. Based on what I sell I can not see that as any issue at all since the cargo area would be packed with the pads and covers. I drive frequently between southern California and Las Vegas and enjoy that time on the phone and listening to my iPod. I can see, it seems that some sort of audio upgrade would have to be implemented. I would like to use the bluetooth feature as well. My son has a Fusion hybrid with the bluetooth feature and it seems to work perfectly, I would assume the "sync" feature in the TC is the same setup? Anyway without too much more rambling I am currently doing my due diligence on this vehicle and am weighing the options. PLEASE, any comments, whether they good, bad or indifferent you may have I would greatly appreciate!!! Thank you in advance!!!!

It sounds like the TC is a perfect match for your biz. Not trying to sound "elitist", but I went from a BMW sport wagon to the TC. Accept the power loss, adjust your driving & you'll be fine. As you note, road noise will be a non-issue because of the type of cargo you carry (except for your return drive home empty at the end of the day). Or, you taking dirties with you.

The TC tracks pretty good on the highway. Audio sucks & BT on mine is part of the Magneti Marrelli computer system. I can't figure out if it's Nokia or some other mfgr. Go to a dealer & pair your phone up. Make a couple calls on a test drive. Since I bought mine ('10 model 28k, used) I see the TC EVERYWHERE.

My $.02.

It sounds like the TC is a perfect match for your biz. Not trying to sound "elitist", but I went from a BMW sport wagon to the TC. Accept the power loss, adjust your driving & you'll be fine. As you note, road noise will be a non-issue because of the type of cargo you carry (except for your return drive home empty at the end of the day). Or, you taking dirties with you.

The TC tracks pretty good on the highway. Audio sucks & BT on mine is part of the Magneti Marrelli computer system. I can't figure out if it's Nokia or some other mfgr. Go to a dealer & pair your phone up. Make a couple calls on a test drive. Since I bought mine ('10 model 28k, used) I see the TC EVERYWHERE.

My $.02.

thanks for your comments. Did you upgrade your stereo? What did you do to make it better?

thanks for your comments. Did you upgrade your stereo? What did you do to make it better?

No upgrade. I've only had it about 2 weeks. Problem is that it has the Magneti Marelli on board computer & DeWalt Tool tracker system in it. I'll never use the 'puter. But the Garmin Nav & radio w/BT is incorporated in the system. If I can remove it without affecting the electronic system of the truck, I'll consider replacing it with better radio/BT system.

I've got to eventually deaden the door panels, etc. with something. I like quiet. Other than that, if the truck holds up, it should be perfect for 99% of my needs. I still need to devise a hitch mounted ramp system for loading a Hammond organ.