Ford Transit Connect Forum

FORUM POSTING RULES

windguy

MODERATOR - In my opinion it would be very useful to setup some ground rules regarding forum content. I think thread hijacking with non-related garbage has gotten out of hand lately. I'm noticing a big drift in forum content. The forum never used to be like this when I joined back in 2014. Most discussions were TC related. At least the forum has maintained a decent level of civility to which I am grateful. Aside from an isolated case of a toaster that caught fire a few times a while back, the forum has been a wonderful asset for me as a TC owner. I realize that threads can drift over time but it seems the amount of nonsense being injected lately is way off the rails. The majority of it has nothing to do with the original poster's topic. Perhaps we can suggest limiting these types of discussions, especially political ones, to the Lounge area only. Posters need to exercise restraint outside of the Lounge to stay focused on the topic at hand. I hope I'm not a minority here in my views. 

Peace!

• 4 months later...

I've noticed the thread drift, would be happy if there was a little less of it... I've probably been guilty of contributing a few times, too.   Maybe if a few off-topic replies were moved to Lounge and appeared in Recent Posts/Recent Topics, they'd attract attention there and get folks in the habit of hanging out in the Lounge forum.  There's an enjoyable bunch of folks here to chew the fat with, we just need a little more self-discipline to keep the question/answer threads on-topic.