Ford Transit Connect Forum

There was a generation previous to me, who put their identification markings on everything.  I knew a guy, whose dad, hand etched or engraved his surname, rank, & serial no. on everything from a pair of scissors, to a television set.  Maybe this guy is worrying about losing his motor, and marked it for later identification.

Seems naming vehicles is more popular than I originally thought. Apparently 25% of owners in the UK name their cars or trucks. There are car name generators online, which should be of no surprise since there is an app for everything these days.

One guy I knew sawed the back off of an old 70s Econoline van turning it into a pickup truck and named it the "Vuck".

Common practice for the military to REQUIRE either their serial number or SSN on personal belongings to discourage theft.

I knew a dude who fixed a crashed Aspen with Volare parts ... the birth of the Volaspen ... 

I was missing a couple trunk letters on my current Aurora ... so I just rearranged what was left ...

roar-sig.jpg

• 2 months later...

We went to CO from NY for our Titanium.

It was damaged in a hail storm at a Ford dealer. It was on Cargurus for 11.5k.

That was a reason to go for. It had been used for car shows so it had absolutely every option except the overhead storage compartments. What can hail do to a van , fenders built into the hood these days , it was easy to find a white hood and painted it and then the idea of two-tone came up and fit the budget, almost fit .

Women are great shoppers, right guys ?

Tully 

C618F7AD-D125-43B3-91C3-6856B088F75A.jpeg

57CD045A-D3BD-4761-A9A9-C212213A4590.jpeg

1 hour ago, Tully Kieys said:

Did you go from New York to Connecticut, which is only about 100 miles?  Or New York to Colorado, which is a little over 1800 miles?

Tully 

Tully,

My ex used to get all of these coupons, go shopping, then come home to tell me how she got a dress, top, shoes, bags........and saved 25%.  I stayed home, didn't buy a dress, top, shoes, bags......and saved 100%

It was damaged in a hail storm at a Ford dealer. It was on Cargurus for 11.5k.

That was a reason to go for. It had been used for car shows so it had absolutely every option except the overhead storage compartments. What can hail do to a van , fenders built into the hood these days , it was easy to find a white hood and painted it and then the idea of two-tone came up and fit the budget, almost fit .

Tully 

You got that van for a steal! Even with the travel expenses factored in. Good find for sure.

I like the dimpled look. Gives the van some street cred.

Edited by windguy

• 3 weeks later...