Ford Transit Connect Forum

Mike Chell's Soapbox

Fifty150

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 7:29 PM, Fifty150 said:

Didn't we have a similar situation in the 70's when there was talk of 6pack rings being dangerous to the environment?

It was then and still is. Just isn't in the spotlight in the same way, but it never went away. Just got worse. As for the plastic straws, I'd advocate a complete and total ban on PLASTIC. Can you see that vein on my forehead pulsing? Don't make the crap in the first place. We don't need creative ways to better dispose of trash. Don't make the crap in the first place. Too many people would lose their jobs making this crap that we don't need in the first place? Don't make so many PEOPLE in the first place. Where did I put my blood pressure pills?

1 hour ago, OLDSCHOOLFOOL said:

Don't make so many PEOPLE in the first place.

AMEN to that.  This is EXACTLY what I always come back to.

Too many people.  It's the reason for 99% of the problems on this planet.

Has anyone NOT seen "Avengers: Infinity War" that wants to?  If so, spoiler alert (sort of).  Thanos ISN'T the bad guy.  He's the savior of the Universe.  If only it were that easy ... click, half of all populations, gone.

4 hours ago, OLDSCHOOLFOOL said:

Don't make so many PEOPLE in the first place.

We used to be able to depend on war, plague, famine, poor health, and economic conditions to keep the population in check.  

That no longer works.  

We haven't had a good war in very long time.  Only minor skirmishes that do not kill enough people.  A big war is needed to reduce world population.

Technology in sanitation, pest management, & medical care has taken away plague & poor health.  In today's world, too many people have access to basic vaccines, antibiotics, pesticides, and sticky glue traps.  

In the U.S.A., there is enough food available that there is no excuse for anyone to be hungry.   I don't have the answer to why people don't eat, but there is enough food for all.  Politics is the barrier.  And I'm not a politician.  I can't figure out how to fund feeding.  The world food supply is abundant.  Without economic and political barriers, everybody in the world could eat.  The French & Germans learned the hard way back in the 60's when they taxed our chicken.  

In the U.S.A., all that we have for population control is motor vehicle deaths and violent crime.  Not that I advocate for taking population control into your hands, and simply running over and killing all of the extra people who do not need to be alive.

5 hours ago, Fifty150 said:

... simply running over and killing all of the extra people who do not need to be alive.

Oh ... My list for people in that category is enormous.  I can't write the list out, since I'm trying to cut down on paper use and the list would need a small forest's worth.