Ford Transit Connect Forum

2017 Connect Trend SWB

CiroGenny2014

Can anyone advise as to whether I have loom in the back somewhere to attach a 12v socket like with the Custom models?

I want to attach a fan running off it in the back for my dog, unfortunately I didn’t go for the air con option and regretting it massively in this hot weather the UK is experiencing

I have a 2015 XL cargo van in the US and my van unfortunately doesn't have any power block in the right-rear corner, either. That crooked rectangular indentation area just in front of the back door on the right side of pic is where the secondary power/fuse block is located on vehicles that actually have the fuse block. If you pulled off your plastic panel and there's no fuse block there, you'll have to run your own wiring. 

IMG_9576.JPG

Luckily, running wires with a cargo van is a lot easier.  You don't have to worry about taking apart the interior.

Install something like this, to give you more options down the road.

KIMG0040.thumb.JPG.11a8d966fac3c58d92ef13e7d0f50e98.JPG

Then you can run a fan like this:

81UoRqc203L._SL1420_.jpg

13 hours ago, CiroGenny2014 said:

I didn’t go for the air con option and regretting it massively in this hot weather the UK is experiencing

Oh snap.

But the aircon in this van is crap anyway. The cabin in my Toyota wagon gets ice cold in one minute. In the Connect - never.

7 hours ago, Mike Chell said:

I like the extra locks on the sliding side doors.

Looks like it might be these locks:

2010-13: https://www.slicklocks.com/ford-transit-connect-kit-2010-2013-2010-2013.html

2014+:    https://www.slicklocks.com/ford-transit-connect-kit-2014-present.html

I might have to check into these myself. It's about half the price of getting the failed latch replaced on just the drivers slider which is what my TC is in the shop for right now.

I wonder what you transport in an unmarked vehicle, that must be kept at low temperature.  Obviously, it is perishable.  And expensive, or worthy of security.  My first thought was gourmet food product.  Within a block of where I work, by the airport, there are distributors for Wagyu, live lobster, live Alaskan King Crab, foie gras, caviar, saffron, and truffle.  Produce is ruled out.  Nobody moves bags of avocado (the most expensive cash crop in CA) under lock & key in a little Transit Connect.   Believe it or not, a lot of high priced food items, like baby formula & cigarettes, are hijacked,  and are now transported with armed guards.  Usually off-duty cops or military.  Where that van was spotted, it was more than likely affiliated with Genentech.  I don't even want to think about what kind of bacterial and biological weapon, experimental lab sea monkey in suspended animation, or other Planet of the Apes serum that he might have had under lock & key.  Nobody else in America has to live next door to an armed fortress compound, with their own private SWAT Team & EOD Unit, and worry about when the monkeys get loose and take over the world.

You're probably correct.  Maybe even donated blood.  Not so much that there is a black market to resell blood plasma products, but more to protect the cargo from being lost or tampered with.  Although you have to wonder aloud in regards to the logistics of trafficking a stolen body part.  

But I like my fantasy of a real life version of the film Planet of the Apes.  The damn dirty apes are taking over the world!

Recently, I saw a Transit Connect driven by an armed, uniformed security guard, and he had a passenger in regular clothes making deliveries.......to a Petco store!  The exotic animal distributor was tired of animal rights groups attacking his delivery drivers to set the animals free.  Which is why Genentech has a private SWAT Team and Bomb Squad.  I know a couple of guys who work there......darn lucky that they could transfer their military training into the civilian world.  How many other private entities across the USA are allowed to maintain their own private paramilitary units?  

• 2 weeks later...