Ford Transit Connect Forum

Turn Signal front left and Flasher.

Goose

I have beat myself up for a week,  I replaced the front lens drivers side all new bulbs because it was cracked. The turn flashers front left does not work nor will the emergency flasher work on the front left. and I have a front amber marker, Passanger side, new bulb its not working.   I get the fast flashers on the dash which indicates something is not working. I have done everything that I know to do. This is s 2012 Transit connect, " gas " Cargo. I love this thing, I bought it used and have fell fond of it. I just replaced the rear bumper, and  I have a new front fender for the driver front I am going to replace. Its fun  ride to drive...... The big truck is parked!  LOL Anyone have any ideas  ?

If it's not a bad bulb, it's likely a bad wire or connection. 

If the lights worked before replacing, then they should work after.  Either the new bulb isn't good, or the connector isn't making good contact, or the wires have been opened.

Could be the bulb holder has some corrosion if the lens was cracked and moisture got in.   Had that problem with a tail light on one of the kids cars.  If that's the case I've had success with scraping the contact points on the connector to make sure they are clean.  Once it's working use dielectric grease on the contacts to prevent future corrosion.  At lease one cracked tail light was due to a boyfriend (now son-in-law) running a shopping cart into a taillight.  

I replaced the entire front lens................ its not wiring, connection or the bulb. I have even switched both from one side to the other..... ...........  on the dash, the flasher indicator acts a bit strange, then the beep sound comes on and flash's fast like a bulb is out. But all his good......   I am wondering if it could be the body control module ?

Hummmm, that is good you replace the entire lens unit.  I'm thinking wiring or connector problem between the bulb and the control module.  My first step would be to check connections at the module.  Not sure where it's located but could check continuity from the connector at the control module. My logic is that since it looks like a bulb out, then it is probably a connection.  Could be a problem inside the module but think that is less probable.  Keep us posted, I'm curious as to the problem.  Check to make sure the bulb is connected on both sides.  Is the return path thru a ground to the chassis?

My last suggestion ... if it's not correct, then you're probably screwed.

Make sure the bulb matches the recommended bulb wattage and element location.

Since the problem started with the replacement of the bulbs ... I'm still sticking with that area being the problem.