Ford Transit Connect Forum

Sync 3 with Sirius station hopping problem

I listen to Sirius mostly and everytime I start the  van it is on a different station, usually fm and sometimes am. It never is on the last Sirius  station I was tuned to. Ever experienced this problem?

• 4 weeks later...

Yep....  This started with the last Sync 3 3.0 firmware...  It also happens if you have a usb stick with music; when you turn off the car, it defaults to the last Am/FM station you had on...  If you turn off the radio before turning off the engine, it will remember your last XM station...  For me.....  I am waiting for a Sync 3 update to fix this..

BTW....  Does your sync 3 NOT go into night mode when you start your car in the dark?  There are not many TCs with Sync 3 so I thought I'd ask...

My garage is dark enough that the auto headlamp light goes on but often the sync 3 doesnt.  If i turn the headlamp knob from auto, to on, and back to auto, it goes into night mode.  

Regards

Dogbert62

• 2 months later...

Thx, Dogbert62. The Sirius selection didn't do this at first. Itook it to dealer for 3year old map software and got it back with the station hopping problem. They can't fix it. Maps are almost 4 years old now  and no updates in sight. I would not buy another Ford because of these frustrating problems. A/C always has recirculation on. I have to manually turn it to fresh air every time. Dealer says that's normal. The power point is hot all the time so my dashcam has to be  unplugged every time I drive.

Mine does most of these oddities as well. I usually use a USB stick for music, and it always changes from USB to FM or AM, never XM and rarely USB after starting. Sync 3 also re-indexes the USB stick after every start, it can take 10 minutes of driving before I can access playlists, frustrating for short trips.

I haven;t had the A/C issue, but if the temp control is all the way cold, it defaults to recirculate. One click warmer it will stay in fresh unless I manually select recirc.

I don't have auto headlights, wish I did, but the screen stays in daytime mode in the dark until I turn the headlights on.

Billsrey,

As you know the power point outlets are connected directly to unswitched power. There is no way to turn these off. Other, more expensive Fords, have made these outlets with configurable power time-outs. It would probably be worthwhile to add a switched 12V circuit for your dashcam or other devices you don't want to unplug every time. The fuse panel is easily accessible behind the glove box. 

One of these days the car mfgs will get rid of the stupid cigar lighter power plug format and provide 12v and 5v options we all need for our "connected" lives.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2018 at 9:26 AM, Don Ridley said:

One of these days the car mfgs will get rid of the stupid cigar lighter power plug format and provide 12v and 5v options we all need for our "connected" lives.

Except for those of us who actually do want that lighter for lighting a campfire.....or a cigar!  

In this day & age, you would think that almost every car would be equipped with USB power ports. 

It's a fairly simple procedure to add USB outlets to your car if you really want them.  

• 2 months later...
On 11/12/2018 at 12:22 PM, Billsrey said:

Do you have nav and is it dated 1-15 like mine?

Yes, I have NAV and it is dated 1-15. Manufacturers are often a year behind in map releases, so a 2016 model would have 2015 maps until the 2016 version is released and implemented in the assembly line.

On 11/3/2018 at 9:26 AM, Don Ridley said:

Always a good idea to have choices in life. I use a Garmin NAV in my work TC which is powered by a cigar lighter outlet. Another idea is to purchase a USB to cigar lighter adapter, they're inexpensive and gives you options of having both, super easy and reversible.

I found a workaround for the audio channel switching issue. The system likes to default to radio. So if you're using XM or USB and you turn the vehicle off, it will usually (although not always) default back to the radio. I have found that when using XM or USB, if I manually turn off the audio system before turning off the vehicle, and returning starting the TC and then turning on the audio, it will be back to where I left it. A minor pain, but it seems to work.

USB Adapter.JPG