Ford Transit Connect Forum

2012 fuel injector replace

I have a 2012 Ford Transit connect 2.0l the van has close to 180000 miles on it, and it seems to idle sort of rough, changed spark plugs, air filter, and oil it helped but I’m convinced the injectors are dirty from wear and tear the van is a work van used for landscaping. My questions are when replacing injectors do I have to do any type of programming after? And what brands can I use instead of motor craft if that’s what ford sells? I don’t have time to clean the injectors have to do it in one day and only on a Sunday.

Try running a couple bottles of Chevron Techron concentrate through it before changing injectors.

https://www.techronclean.com/

Walmart usually has a decent price.

Beware that the boxes of 6 at Costco usually aren't the concentrated version.

Plus you probably should go with the big bottle.

Maybe you need the one specific for fuel injector cleaning...

I am going to second what donuts said. Always start with the cheapest and easiest fix first. If the cleaner does not get the right results, then replacing the injectors are not hard to replace. Also when I replaced one on my 2012 no programming was required. Any aftermarket injector will work as long as it is for the 2012 TC. Just depends on how much you wish to spend. 

I would try injector cleaner first, I use Sea Foam.  2 bottles   in a  1/3rd of a tank of fuel. then take it out and lean on it hard. I have had very good luck using this method.

Keep us up to date on your progress.

10 hours ago, donuts said:

Try running a couple bottles of Chevron Techron concentrate through it before changing injectors.

https://www.techronclean.com/

At the local Acura dealership, they charge for that service.  Yes!  Honda owners will pay the dealership to "install" a little bottle of Techron.  

16 hours ago, G B L said:

I would try injector cleaner first, I use Sea Foam.  2 bottles   in a  1/3rd of a tank of fuel. then take it out and lean on it hard.

Leaning hard on two empty bottles of seafoam probably has some humor value.

Okay so let’s so I do the chevron concentrate way just put it in the gas that’s it?

I just pictured that close to 200k it was time to change it cus wouldn’t the o ring go bad sooner or later. Plus is this direct injection?

Thank you all I would of replied sooner but I expected a email notification, I will be alert now

I know a lot of guys who believe in Lucas Oil.  I don't know if it is scientifically proven.  With no science what-so-ever, I remember when guys put nail polish remover into their gas tanks too.

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/mythbusters/mythbusters-database/products-for-better-gas-mileage/

https://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/a5959/gas-saving-gadgets-hall-of-shame/

Then you have people who make youtube videos, and people watch those videos.  here is a guy mixing a a 50/50 batch of nail polish remover and Marvel Mystery Oil.

There is a problem there I just did a oil change so the chevron technique will be expensive. I can get the injectors at commercial price for 34$ a piece. Decisions decisions.