Ford Transit Connect Forum

Harbor Freight

Fifty150

On 7/4/2018 at 8:13 PM, Fifty150 said:

S12L.jpg

I have one of these from Harbor Freight. It came in a tool set that I got a couple years ago. Not sure if they have it by itself in the store or not here, but the next time I am there I will check. 

It came in this tool set. 

Name 301 Pc Mechanic's Tool Set
SKU 63464
Brand

Pittsburgh®

$200?  I don't see spending that much on a Harbor Freight set, just to get one piece.

I hate buying open stock tools because I know it's cheaper to buy a set.  But then again, I've bought a lot of open stock tools, because I didn't want to spend more on a set, when I only needed 1 piece.

• 5 weeks later...

Ok. I finally got to talk to someone at my local store that new something other than what is on the shelf that they can see. These are only sold by HF in the kits. I asked how they planned to replace one under the lifetime warranty when I break mine and was told we would have to cross that bridge then. But as for now they have no way to replace this item even though it has their lifetime warranty on it. 

Harbor Freight does not have open stock sockets and wrenches.  I broke a socket once.  I let one of my friends put it on an impact gun, and it shattered.  Of course, I didn't tell the store manager about the impact gun.  "What do you mean how?  It broke.  I turned the handle, the socket broke.  Isn't the corporate policy 'no questions asked'?"  Store manager replaced the broken socket by giving me the $5 socket set that they sell.  Okay with me, since I actually like that little $5 set.  And somehow after selling those for about $5, for the last 20 years; the price has dropped to $4.

Pittsburgh® 62843 40 Pc 3/8 in. Drive SAE & Metric Socket Set

Double click on above image to view full picture

40 Pc 3/8 in. Drive SAE & Metric Socket Set

Pittsburgh.gif

Pittsburgh®- Item#62843

(564) 

Write A Review
A high quality, low price socket set that fits under your car seat 

Only: $4.00

Compare to $19.97, Kobalt 89809

• 4 weeks later...