Ford Transit Connect Forum

First break down

VictorsFlowerDelivery

I have a 2016 Ford Transit that has over 50k miles that we use for delivery.  A couple weeks ago we had our first real break down.  The water pump was leaking water and it messed up the belt.  The belt broke and was in pieces all over.  Our mechanic charged us $500 to fix everything.  Other than that, it's been a great truck.  I only wish it had SYNC 3 instead of the SYNC I have now.  The handling is amazing.  It doesn't even feel like you're driving a van when you go around corners.  Ford did an amazing job.  I checked out the Dodge Promaster, the little Nissan truck and the Mercedes Metro.  I think the Ford had the best value of them all.  Great build quality.   $500 in repairs in 50,000+ miles doesn't seem to be too bad.

Cost will vary depending on labor.  Did they use OEM or aftermarket?  Parts are priced by vendor.  Every shop marks up the parts.  Depending on local market, the same repair can double in cost.  Same way a local garage charges $100 per hour, and the dealership charger $200 per hour.   A lot of aftermarket parts are priced at half of what the Ford Motorcraft is listed at.