frisky

elusive "upper rear tail light" where to get?

It isn't every day that a Nigerian Prince offers you $1,000,000

On 8/3/2018 at 1:49 PM, DonShockley said:

..... So hopefully it will be here soon. The bigger question may be if my TC will be fixed and out of the shop before it arrives.

Well, the parts from Latvia got to the house just ahead of my TC making it home from the shop, so Latvian/USA post wins the race.

I'll do a longer post later on the install, but the short story is the parts fit and it's a simple swap with just a couple screws. Here's a few pix.

20180808_171723 (Large).jpg

20180808_171812 (Large).jpg

20180808_173752 (Large).jpg

20180808_175336 (Large).jpg

Those look good !!!

I like the sticker, too.

32 minutes ago, DonShockley said:

Well, the parts from Latvia got to the house just ahead of my TC making it home from the shop, so Latvian/USA post wins the race.

I'll do a longer post later on the install, but the short story is the parts fit and it's a simple swap with just a couple screws. Here's a few pix.

That looks very nice Don - great job, worth the long wait.

I think the reflectors look better on the wagon model with the painted bumpers, side molding, door handles. There isn't black molding to compliment the black trim piece.

On my XLT van, I have black in those areas and I'm on the fence towards my preference for changing that.

1641338884_tcback.jpg.79269458790a7fab407b49a0758b0971.jpg

As a safety feature, those reflectors are useful.  

Reminds me of how some kids put reflectors on their bikes, while kids like me took all the reflectors off the bike.  

I installed an LED light onto my plastic trim piece.  It is wired to turn on with my off-road lights, and strobe as an emergency beacon.  But not everyone will want to have a flashing red light on their car.