Ford Transit Connect Forum

Official Membership Card

I have nothing against the new TC's other than I just dont like them for a work van. I cant see buying a mini van style van for my job when I already have a mini van sitting in the fleet. And mrtn hit the nail on the head in his post. Ford was not seeing enough sales from private sales on the 1st gen TC's like they expected. The vans just were not appealing to the soccer mom side of the market. Also I use the term "soccer mom" as a general description of a family vehicle/daily driver.  So to combat this problem they changed the TC's design to be a mini van to grab the soccer mom market, and introduced the Transit for the work horse. 

Now my dislike of the 2nd gen TC is based solely on my experience of using my current mini van as my work vehicle for many years. I settled on the 1st gen TC as my work vehicle because I did not want another mini van, but the Chevy Express and the Ford Econolines were bigger than I wanted. But now that the Econolines have been replaced with the Transit, I would go that route over the TC's at this point. This includes the 1st gen and the 2nd gen TC's. 

But when it comes to buying a mini van, if I had to buy one right now to replace my 2000 dodge caravan it would be a 2nd gen TC wagon in a heart beat.  I dont hate the vans or people who buy them, I just do not like them for what I do for work. 

Now the Transit Custom looks a lot like a Transit 150 SWB low roof here in the US from the pictures I have seen. But I could be wrong on this as I have never seen one in person. 

A lot of good cars are just not sold in The U.S.A.  But we get a lot of junk, that shouldn't have been built at all.  The Dodge K-Car comes to mind.  

I suppose passenger wagon vans are a very limited market.  Most vans sold are commercial use.  Those custom luxury van conversions went out with the price of fuel rising.  Although I still know a few people, myself included, who would love to have a 70's Shaggin' Wagon.  Exactly what every father wants to see pulling up to take his daughter out.