Ford Transit Connect Forum

2010 XLT - rocker panel replacement

Anyone else had to replace the rocker panels on their Transit Connect?  I have a 2010 and one side has rusted all the way through, the other has started rusting.  Took it to a reputable collision center here in Indianapolis and they shared that OEM rocker panels are the only ones available - at $1800 each...then labor on top of that.  That was just the first quote I've obtained, but it was north of $5k.

Just curious if I'm the only one out there that is dealing with rust in this location and whether anyone else has sourced less expensive parts...thanks!

If it's a 2010, it probably has enough miles on it that you're looking to spend big money on some other things over the next few years, so any major expense (and replacing the rockers will be a major expense unless you can source some junkyard parts and do the work yourself) probably means that 'the end' is on the horizon for that vehicle

I know I wouldn't invest even $2K replacing the rockers when the near future will probably mean more money for suspension or transmission work  -  You'll be 'throwing good money after bad'

I would start making plans on what the replacement is ultimately going to be

Don